Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun help please

Skybelle

Question

Hello, I am currently a mastery rank 12 player.
I'm looking for opinions on shotguns to aid me in picking one to complete my arsenal. I want a gun capable of dealing with the "shotguns only" Sorties so I guess it has to be capable of dealing with high level enemies.

My weapons as they stand are:

Primary: Rakta Cernos and Tonkor

Secondary: Vaykor Marelok and Sonicor

Melee: Redeemer and Nikana Prime

Basically I would like opinions as to what shotgun would be for dealing with the sorties as well as perhaps providing me with added versatility with my other weapons.
I'm open to all ideas and to any pros/cons that you might think.
Thank you in advance for your help :)

One thing I failed to mention is that I've never really invested into shotguns before so I don't have access to prime mods for the builds.

Edited by Skybelle

9 answers to this question

Well the most popular choices are Sancti Tigris or Vaykor Hek(player preference mostly, both are some of the best weapons in the game). If you don't have the primed crit mod(what puts the vaykor hek above the normal one, however the extra 4 rounds are still nice) and you are not a big fan of head shots, the normal hek with the augment mod does more or less the same and the normal Tigris also has no issues to drop stuff in a single hit(the quicker reload and syndicate proc is mostly what you get the Sancti version for).

Other than that, Kohm does ok if you use primed ammo mutation or the normal one + a scavenger aura(also shred nullifiers super easy), Phage is very solid, Sobek is ok, even if it lacks the punch of Tigris/Hek.

Edit: I play every sorti with the vaykor hek(accelerated blast + ammo stock reduces the nullifier problem) and it works like a charm against any faction at L100.

Edited by Djego27

6 minutes ago, ashrah said:

if u have maxed primed mods veykor hek is nice....santi tigris is also very good... for raw dmg

I've never invested shotguns since I started playing the game so no primed mods to use. Would normal hek with syndicate mod and no prime mods be better in this case?

4 minutes ago, Skybelle said:

I've never invested shotguns since I started playing the game so no primed mods to use. Would normal hek with syndicate mod and no prime mods be better in this case?

normal hek is pretty nice with  syndicate mod...try to put hands on that primed mods and slowley try to max it little by little...get blaze if u dont have that mod also add lot on dmg

12 minutes ago, Skybelle said:

Sure, the normal hek works just as good, you can even use the vaykor hek with the normal crit mod, just does a bit less damage then the normal hek for 4 more rounds in the magazine(what is not a bad trade off, given that it will one shot nearly everything).

The vaykor Hek is a side grade, that mostly adds the utility of 4 more rounds at the expense of damage per shot. If you do a lot of head shots, got the primed mods and prefer single elemental scaling(like pure toxic vs corpus, where you simply ignore the shields and still one hit nearly everything) it is better, but not by a massive amount.

Edited by Djego27

I am only MR11 so no syndicate weapons and have been using the normal HEK without any problem. I did put 4 forma on it but even before that it still performs decently enough. It one shoots most things if you are close and can aim for the heads, obviously tougher enemies like eximus, bombards, etc do require a full magazine or even  2 specially if elemental resistance is also in play 

if you like status weapons, the Boar Prime and the Strun Wraith can bot reach 100%status chance with 4 dual element mods and 3 dual stat element mods respectively. bnoth are full auto so if you build for corrosive, it melts armor in a matter of a few shots. the only problem with them is ammo efficiency 

i normally take my Boar prime into assassinate sorties built to have elemental type advantage or utility like radiation to make all other enemies attack the target

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

45 minutes ago, Skybelle said:

Hello, I am currently a mastery rank 12 player.
I'm looking for opinions on shotguns to aid me in picking one to complete my arsenal. I want a gun capable of dealing with the "shotguns only" Sorties so I guess it has to be capable of dealing with high level enemies.

My weapons as they stand are:

Primary: Rakta Cernos and Tonkor

Secondary: Vaykor Marelok and Sonicor

Melee: Redeemer and Nikana Prime

Basically I would like opinions as to what shotgun would be for dealing with the sorties as well as perhaps providing me with added versatility with my other weapons.
I'm open to all ideas and to any pros/cons that you might think.
Thank you in advance for your help :)

One thing I failed to mention is that I've never really invested into shotguns before so I don't have access to prime mods for the builds.

sancti tigris is probably the best....vaykor hek and hek are beasts, sobek with acid shells is very good...

Remember we have Tigris Prime on the way. 

I'd probably tell you to get Vaykor Hek for now. I haven't read the whole thread but if you can get Sancti Tigris now that's all fine and good, but Tigris Prime will probably be better in some way to make up for not having the proc and be the same damage type and if nothing else you may just burn out on using the duplex auto putting forma on it all over again. Vaykor Hek will give you a fine shotgun in a different damage type, different style and with a proc and with Tigris Prime added to your collection later you'll have more variety overall.