Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LF A Strong Primary Weapon

Baelfire11

Question

hey guys i'm looking for the strong or the best weapons of warframe and can anyone tell me about some of them my current weapon is a supra and i know there are better weapons than that so any kind of help would be useful thank you. (PS. any continuous or machine gun or laser type weapons are very much appreciated) 

9 answers to this question

The best weapon is the one which please you the most.

That being said, the Sobek is an excellent shotgun for newbies, i still have mine, the Karak is also good in early game, and obviously the Braton. This one never gets old.

edit : I would also strongly recommend you not to focus on a heavy machine gun type, it's not the spirit in this game, and this category is very low fitted. In general you better avoid them.

Flame thrower like Ignis can be very handy sometimes, and shotguns are very good. I don't recommend you Tonkor and Sonicor in particular, it's a an incredibly ugly and lazy playstyle , but it's just me.

Edited by Stonehenge

Almost every primary can kill everything in the universe apart from raid and endless enemy easily.   Eventually the high end tough guys become an issue for guns that do not scale well,  mostly the non-crit high rate of fire low damage/shot guns don't do well against level 100+ massive armor opponents.   Just about everything else is viable.   An example of this is trying to take down a level 100 eximus bombard or gunner with a gorgon solo.  I don't care how many forma you have that is going to burn out a lot of ammo. 

Find a style you like, and then check out the weapons in that category. 

I am also using sobek as a primary.  Its pretty solid, with punch through and spread its like an explosion on a group,  and it can easily break 10k / shot "on paper" and it can easily break 60k dps on paper.   And its hardly the best in the game (low crit), it just suits me.

The best weapon is the one which please you the most.

That being said, the Sobek is an excellent shotgun for newbies, i still have mine, the Karak is also good in early game, and obviously the Braton. This one never gets old.

edit : I would also strongly recommend you not to focus on a heavy machine gun type, it's not the spirit in this game, and this category is very low fitted. In general you better avoid them.

Flame thrower like Ignis can be very handy sometimes, and shotguns are very good. I don't recommend you Tonkor and Sonicor in particular, it's a an incredibly ugly and lazy playstyle , but it's just me.

umm i'm way beyond the newbie stage but thanks for the idea i'll try sobek and unfortunately i've become a tonkor and sonicor guy since they came out so...yeah

Soma Prime, Paris Prime, Dread, Sancti Tigris, Rakta Cernos, Vaykor Hek, and Synoid Simulor are some of the strongest primary weapons that I know of. Put +Crit Chance, +Crit Damage, +Damage, and an elemental combo on them with a few other mods of your choice, and they will all take you into end-game.

Syndicate weapons. Any of them you like.

They are all fairly good, all provide lots of utility and damage from their procs and they're all easy to get for free or by trading with a player.

Craft the easier to make sentinels in the market and let them level up while you do the syndicate missions to rank up and you should have the mastery rank you need to use the secondary weapons (6), as each sentinel counts as both a frame's worth of mastery plus a gun's worth of mastery for it's weapon. The sentinels take up slots though, so be prepared to get slots or murder them as you go along. Maybe save the one you want to keep for last.

Edited by VKhaun