Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity builds that ARE NOT EV?

SquattingMouse

Question

Soooo I got Trinity Prime but am not at all interested in running Energy Vampire.  My wife, who is nearly always in the squad with me, loves playing support roles and is very good at the whole energy vampire thing so we have that base covered.  I'm wondering what else you could do with her?  I love the look of the frame and don't want to just get her to 30 and then move on.

I was wondering about using link to try and create a tank as I do like playing the tank/crowd control role and a good link Trinity with a Tonkor/Sonicor seems like she'd possibly have that base covered.  Anyone done that and does it work?

6 answers to this question

try too use a duration link blessing build and when the timer are running out run too cover and recast

she can be realy tanky with link and blessing on

care with range link needs range and thats a problem with narminded 

Edited by venon23

yQZeokYh.jpg

This is what i use as a balence build.   You can use all of her abilities to good effect Link/ blessing have some duration and even if you're doing EV you get a lot of energy if you cast it then shoot the enemy and kill it you get all of it right away.

Edit  thinking about this is a pre change Trinity build you might not need that quick thinking anymore I used to use that for the 99% blessing thing.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

I have used redirection + vitality for defense. With link and blessing active, you get a lot out of those mods. Quick thinking I wouldn't use, because it's better to just heal back up.

Then I used intensify and power drift for strength. You don't get the full 75% that way, but it's close enough and the corrupted mods don't fit in very well.

I used primed continuity and constitution for duration. Narrow minded is bad, because link needs some range.

And then the last mods are flow, stretch and streamline. You could probably replace streamline with abating link.

Overall I wasn't too happy with the outcome. The duration is just too short, so you have to recast blessing and link a lot. You also still have to use EV quite a lot to keep make sure you have enough energy (this may also be because I mostly used this build in energy reduction sorties). The build is very tanky, but I just felt keeping up the buffs was too annoying.
Maybe if you go for narrow minded + overextended + blind rage, you could have a better outcome. You would have to rely even more on EV however and it would require a lot of forma(3 should be enough).

Just ignoring range/ link completely is kind of boring imo. You also lose out on the knockdown and status immunity + you aren't all that tanky anymore. It would be a lot easier to support your team that way.

If you're running duration build, you don't need survivability mods to be honest. You'll have over 93% damage reduction with 95% uptime and a full heal on demand. I guess, slapping on Quick Thinking won't hurt you, but getting anything on top of it is a waste, really.

Just go for the max Duration build, and slap on some range mods.

Spoiler

kvxD5Hn.jpg

That's what I use.

Thanks to all for their replies - for the record when she hits 30 I'm planning a high duration build for maximizing link and blessing.  If I do forma it will be the aura slot for corrosive projection/energy siphon probably.  Energy Vampire will still be there but we'll just have to murder the enemy ourselves and high duration does give it a decent control element and with energy siphon and a maxed coactional drift I can still offer some support.  As for rejuvenation my drop ship is a Mantis and I use my air support charges when going for long defense runs...

Thanks again all.