Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage Numbers!

Kyoryu

I'm leveling my Strun currently. Every time I shoot an enemy, it only shows two damage values, but I know that's not the case as their HP drops significantly. I know it doesn't matter if I SEE the numbers or not, but it doesn't feel like a shotgun to me because I can't see that sort of result. It's a small thing, but I was wondering if there was a way to fix it at all? I'd have a lot more fun with this gun if I could see the result of me pulling the trigger.

I'm leveling my Strun currently. Every time I shoot an enemy, it only shows two damage values, but I know that's not the case as their HP drops significantly. I know it doesn't matter if I SEE the numbers or not, but it doesn't feel like a shotgun to me because I can't see that sort of result. It's a small thing, but I was wondering if there was a way to fix it at all? I'd have a lot more fun with this gun if I could see the result of me pulling the trigger.

There's probably a reason it's not showing each pellet.

You will see 1 number for each projectile damage type(normal, AP, fire, freeze, lightning)

0 is never shown. No positive feedback for immunity/etc(normal damage on Corpus Crewman heads, lightning on ancients, etc)

It will only display numbers if the target is alive. If the guy only has 1 HP it will only show the number of the damage that killed him. Elemental damage is applied first, so if the AP portion of a shot killed, that is the only number that is shown(The other portions of the killing projectile or other projectiles don't show up)

It's a strun. If you're over 10m, you probably aren't hitting with many pellets.

There's probably a reason it's not showing each pellet.

You will see 1 number for each projectile damage type(normal, AP, fire, freeze, lightning)

0 is never shown. No positive feedback for immunity/etc(normal damage on Corpus Crewman heads, lightning on ancients, etc)

It will only display numbers if the target is alive. If the guy only has 1 HP it will only show the number of the damage that killed him. Elemental damage is applied first, so if the AP portion of a shot killed, that is the only number that is shown(The other portions of the killing projectile or other projectiles don't show up)

It's a strun. If you're over 10m, you probably aren't hitting with many pellets.

I'm talking about up close, I'm only seeing a couple of numbers. Even when it takes two or three shots to kill something that has a shield, or armor. It just isn't satisfying to use a shotgun when I'm not seeing some sort of noticeable feedback, I guess.

I'm talking about up close, I'm only seeing a couple of numbers. Even when it takes two or three shots to kill something that has a shield, or armor. It just isn't satisfying to use a shotgun when I'm not seeing some sort of noticeable feedback, I guess.

"It hurts doctor!"

"Where does it hurt?"

"It hurts doctor!"

There's a bug where bullets won't display damage values properly in multiplayer, it seems. Occurs with almost any weapon with a high rate of fire/number of shots.

Possibly a quality cutting measure to increase performance? Testers go!

Possibly a quality cutting measure to increase performance? Testers go!

Think it would be much trouble to synchronize a Wireshark log with some recorded gameplay? Might be able to get a little more information about what's going on here. That's assuming their packets aren't encrypted, though.

Think it would be much trouble to synchronize a Wireshark log with some recorded gameplay? Might be able to get a little more information about what's going on here. That's assuming their packets aren't encrypted, though.

That's probably a bit much. Simply noting any lag/number of players/number of enemies and the fact that the host was playing on a 286 laptop would be enough for them to setup a simulation. The problem isn't feedback, it's the quality of it. You can't say something is broken without noting when there are obvious factors causing it(network latency not transmitting damage numbers from the host to you if that is indeed how it works)

Edited by KGeddon