The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Warframes (Discussion Thread)

7 hours ago, (XB1) EternalDrk Mako said:

i doubt it 

initially he said from dec 31 two months 

but then they were in recovery mode after the holidays longer then expected.

id say march or april 

I'd say December 2016, so I don't get sad if Umbra is not released before that month, but gettinghim before turning into a big surprise, but I'm still risking to be sad if he isn't released this year anyways.

Imo, those "We'll release more info when we get closer to release" are just some "Shut up, and stop asking" pills disguised with kindness, this mostly due to how their lack of info makes me think they don't even want to work on it (or maybe not all of them, but the biggest fish is enough to stop the whole team), while most of incoming content gets announced with lots of anticipation (see: kavats being shown almost during the whole process, saryn prime confirmation, destreza, etc.) and how the lore writers can do amazing jobs (see: mummy frame coming with his own quest, saryn prime with her own lore teaser and trailer) what also leads to how they are working on many other stuff instead, (read all of above named stuff) while Umbra Excal has been sitting on the bench since about 8 or 9 months (one less if we keep in mind the chinese 30 day exclusivity, correct me if wrong about the date) waiting to enter the international build with no real info on why he isn't coming yet. (the lore and redesign stuff simply isn't enough after all this time)

12 hours ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

According to Steve's tweet back in late December he is due in the next few weeks. I'm not keeping any fingers crossed, seeing as how nothing has been discussed.

A developer making a simple guess (not an estimate using logic, but a guess) regarding Umbra's release does not in any way indicate he'll be released around the guessed time. No, Umbra is not "due in the next few weeks"; we can't even say he'll be released this year. 

We just don't know, and I have a feeling we won't know for a very very long time. I find that quite pathetic. 

Edited by LazerSkink

48 minutes ago, GuiltMan said:

What if Excal Umbra drops from Acolytes? We know the Acolytes will be making a return in the future. This is just a guess, don't shoot it down so quick. Ponder it, sleep on it, think about it. Then, bring forth your judgement.

Honestly, I doubt it because it would be a very simple solution which wouldn't fit the "we're  working on a system to release him", which appears to be instead quite complicated considering they've yet to find a solution.. 

4 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

A developer making a simple guess (not an estimate using logic, but a guess) regarding Umbra's release does not in any way indicate he'll be released around the guessed time. No, Umbra is not "due in the next few weeks"; we can't even say he'll be released this year. 

We just don't know, and I have a feeling we won't know for a very very long time. I find that quite pathetic. 

I like how they danced around the Umbra subject in the latest Prime Time when mentioning the Umbra thread. The next Devstream is on the 4th of March. If we don't get anything on Umbra then, we can pretty much confirm that he isn't coming out in March either.

38 minutes ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

I like how they danced around the Umbra subject in the latest Prime Time when mentioning the Umbra thread. The next Devstream is on the 4th of March. If we don't get anything on Umbra then, we can pretty much confirm that he isn't coming out in March either.

I suppose the next devstream will be focused on 18.5!

8 minutes ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

We've now got both of the weapons that came with him. A sign that we may be getting closer to an actual release date.

Those are just Prime weapons. They came with Umbra in the Chinese build but they mean nothing here since they already have a way to be implemented unlike the "complex/new" way DE think of adding Umbra in.

3 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

Those are just Prime weapons. They came with Umbra in the Chinese build but they mean nothing here since they already have a way to be implemented unlike the "complex/new" way DE think of adding Umbra in.

Come on, don't tell me you still believe that crap? It's a stalling device. Steve himself said they weren't even concentrating on umbra that much and was literally on the verge of just releasing him.

Edited by (PS4) Redemption_015

1 minute ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Come on, don't tell me you still believe that crap? It's a stalling device. Scott himself said they weren't even concentrating on umbra that much and was literally on the verge of just releasing him.

They were going to release him just so people would stop crying about Umbra all the time.

What he said was that he was going to release him due to all of the demand but he didn't want it to be just another variant like the Primes.

Honestly though, I don't blame him. These "umbra discussions" are getting way out of hand.

3 minutes ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

We've now got both of the weapons that came with him. A sign that we may be getting closer to an actual release date.

If you ask me that's just because those weapons were already made and way over the "30 days China exclusivity", the only reason they were related to Umbra is because Chinese Umbra is Prime, so it made sense to release some Prime weapons with him.

Here those weapons are not related to Umbra anyhow...

11 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

They were going to release him just so people would stop crying about Umbra all the time.

What he said was that he was going to release him due to all of the demand but he didn't want it to be just another variant like the Primes.

Honestly though, I don't blame him. These "umbra discussions" are getting way out of hand.

Yes exactly, they are not working on him and are getting tired of people asking for him. So I honestly don't see why they shouldn't just release unless of course they tell us he is part of 18.5, but they never tell us anything.

9 minutes ago, siralextraffo said:

If you ask me that's just because those weapons were already made and way over the "30 days China exclusivity", the only reason they were related to Umbra is because Chinese Umbra is Prime, so it made sense to release some Prime weapons with him.

Here those weapons are not related to Umbra anyhow...

Umbra is also nine months past the 30 day exclusivity period. They were weapons designed to go alongside Umbra in the Chinese Founder packs, so in a sense those are Umbra's weapons. DE just bundled them into the Saryn Prime bundle because, as we all know, they were made nine months ago and were just sitting there waiting to be released, just like Umbra.

On a side note, the Chinese Umbra warframe icon had the Nikana Prime in it, but now Saryn Prime features the weapon on her arsenal picture. I wonder what the new Umbra picture will look like.

12 minutes ago, (PS4) GbHaseo said:

He looks cool, but other than that I don't see the fuss. It's just Excalibur and I honestly don't see a bunch of those in missions. I believe ppl will be excited, play with him a bit, and move on. 

It's mainly because it's the true alternative to the superexclusive-never-coming-back Excalibur Prime, so everyone wants to get the hands on him!

12 hours ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Yes exactly, they are not working on him and are getting tired of people asking for him. So I honestly don't see why they shouldn't just release unless of course they tell us he is part of 18.5, but they never tell us anything.

You wouldn't know if they are working on him or not. No one knew about the Oberon skin yet it pops up out of nowhere, unlike the other skins that they showed us concept art of first. Obviously, DE are working on a lot of stuff behind the scenes and it's not their duty to tell us about everything that is being developed. Just stay patient and wait. Wouldn't you want something like a great cinematic reveal such as Saryn Prime did? It doesn't need to be a cinematic, could be a quest to build you up for the reveal. Either way, I'd rather have things polished and ready instead of rushed, preferably with an explanation of why Umbras exist instead of having another upgrade. (Edit: A LORE explanation. have to specify everything nowadays.)

Warframe is mostly about patience. Unless you have money to skip the waiting. It's kind of like real life.

Edited by Senpai-Pie

28 minutes ago, Senpai-Pie said:

You wouldn't know if they are working on him or not. No one knew about the Oberon skin yet it pops up out of nowhere, unlike the other skins that they showed us concept art of first. Obviously, DE are working on a lot of stuff behind the scenes and it's not their duty to tell us about everything that is being developed. Just stay patient and wait. Wouldn't you want something like a great cinematic reveal such as Saryn Prime did? It doesn't need to be a cinematic, could be a quest to build you up for the reveal. Either way, I'd rather have things polished and ready instead of rushed, preferably with an explanation of why Umbras exist instead of having another upgrade.

Warframe is mostly about patience. Unless you have money to skip the waiting. It's kind of like real life.

Would I want to wait nearly a year for a sixty second clip featuring Umbra and a voiceover from Ballas? No, not really. I could care less at this point. As for the quest, it'd be great if they actually confirmed he would be part of a quest, but so far we have pure speculation and a so called "system".

As for why Umbra's exist; they exist because Exclibur Prime is exclusive to Founders. That's why. Simple truth. There was no original lore for him. If EP wasn't exclusive there would be no Umbra.

1 hour ago, (PS4) Redemption_015 said:

Would I want to wait nearly a year for a sixty second clip featuring Umbra and a voiceover from Ballas? No, not really. I could care less at this point. As for the quest, it'd be great if they actually confirmed he would be part of a quest, but so far we have pure speculation and a so called "system".

As for why Umbra's exist; they exist because Exclibur Prime is exclusive to Founders. That's why. Simple truth. There was no original lore for him. If EP wasn't exclusive there would be no Umbra.

I suppose that the "system" they're referring to is not just about the lore and advertisement, but also about the way to acquire him: if you think about it, you can't just have him dropped by standard planet bosses and you can't put him in the Void either, so something new has to be implemented.

While I can agree with you that it shouldn't be that complicated, it was still to point out that we're not talking about a 45 seconds teaser.

On the reason why Excalibur Umbra is a thing there's nothing to add to what you said; though, the focus on lore is a recent trend in Warframe and I welcome it: at the time Excalibur Prime was released there were no quests, no lore, no codex, nothing...

I'm ok with DE adding lore to the game, even retroactively, which is why I think that Umbra must come with a piece of lore, with some in game reason displayed in the codex which can't be the true one.

de should be focusing on umbras release. The only other frame they're working on that I know of is that mummy frame. I'm gonna be pretty peeved if that mummy frame winds up getting released before umbra though because at that point it just becomes sheer ignorance. We've been teased about this for over half a year now. They have much less on their plate now then they did a month or two months ago when they had like 5 or 6 different frames and huge updates to work on. If 70 doesn't so much as mention umbra I'm gonna assume its dead.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ToothlessApollo said:

de should be focusing on umbras release. The only other frame they're working on that I know of is that mummy frame. I'm gonna be pretty peeved if that mummy frame winds up getting released before umbra though because at that point it just becomes sheer ignorance. We've been teased about this for over half a year now. They have much less on their plate now then they did a month or two months ago when they had like 5 or 6 different frames and huge updates to work on. If 70 doesn't so much as mention umbra I'm gonna assume its dead.

They did say Umbra would be on their to-do list for 2016. But so far we have seen absolutely nothing, I agree. It's like they finished the Second Dream and then immediately got busy with something else other than Umbra in order to just not bother with him. Steve is still saying that they haven't been paying much attention to Umbra. It is annoying quite frankly, because the more they build up the wait, the more people will expect the so called "system" he is supposedly being introduced with, needs to something outstanding that justifies the nine months of waiting.

The more we wait the more hyped/irritated we get and then the end result just won't feel worth it.

the reasoning behind the umbra delay is a few things, and i cannot blame the devs

they are CONSTANTLY being bombarded with questions on it (lore and game wise) and on twitter/PM receive very verbally aggressive and colorful messages about it

it would be a put off to anyone and annoying. we have NO clear date for his release and were told he will be this year

the other things is, he may get a Cinematic reveal/lore like Saryn Prime and that would be worth it to me 

weve also got to think that they want to make UMBRAS special , not just reskins alt stats but something more 

so they are trying to develop more then just how to release just him, its a whole new line of warframes and lore that also need development 

20 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the reasoning behind the umbra delay is a few things, and i cannot blame the devs

they are CONSTANTLY being bombarded with questions on it (lore and game wise) and on twitter/PM receive very verbally aggressive and colorful messages about it

it would be a put off to anyone and annoying. we have NO clear date for his release and were told he will be this year

the other things is, he may get a Cinematic reveal/lore like Saryn Prime and that would be worth it to me 

weve also got to think that they want to make UMBRAS special , not just reskins alt stats but something more 

so they are trying to develop more then just how to release just him, its a whole new line of warframes and lore that also need development 

Then they should stop beating around the bush and actually tell us what they are going to do with Umbra, when they are predicted to release it and, what kind of ways they think it will be obtained.

Nothing is an excuse for the lack of communication on their end. They have teased us with this damn thing for too long and I just want it done and over with.