Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

State of the grind?

sieg15

Question

I absolutely love this game and played for years, but at a certain point before SotR came out I decided that it was just too tedious for me. After reading all the patch notes and seeing player reactions, I am curious as to whether or not its worth coming back to and if any of the major problems I had have been addressed. Mainly with the lengthy grind we are all too familiar with.

Has the grind for prime parts and gaining ranks on gear improved with the new patches? I know Draco, which was changed to a new mission type and level range, was the most efficient way of leveling for the longest time (not that I was a fan because I never learned what the optimal setups were and was afraid of getting partied with rude players if I did it with randoms). Have they found a new method that works equally or almost as well as that did? Has gathering resources and credits improved? Have there been any changes to forma?

7 answers to this question

1. Yes, there is a new node where players can easily powerlevel.
  2. Not that I know of, at least not recently. There are ways to circumvent the grind of certain resources and credits.
  3. The only change is that when you claim grear or install Forma on said gear, instead of it being reset to rank 0, it's now equal to your Mastery Rank (i.e.: 20 Mastery Rank = 20 mod capacity; 20 Mastery Rank = 40 mod capacity supercharged).

In all honesty, it's up to your own preference to determine whether it's better or not for you. We don't know your limits or how you play. There are many variables at play. Test it out yourself. It doesn't take long.

Edited by JRMC

Prime parts seem a bit easier to get, but i can't say that i farm for them all day long either.  it is nice that you can skew the drop chance, though i usually don't bother, just because i don't run specific groups, who always want the rare part.

Ranks on gear seem a bit slower, and the loot cave that people are using instead of Draco now isn't as good, you'll get about 27 levels on a single wep in 1 wave.  I don't have a problem with this, cause i prefer to level weps myself, but many people complain about it, at least in game. I see people running Akkad, Eris quite a bit for levels now though, simply because there are some spots on that map where enemies can't reach.

Credit farming has been cut, simply because they reduced the mission reward credits from dark sectors.  I'll be honest, and say, I've never really had a resource problem, with nitain, and the rare mats from invasions being my only slowing point.

I'm not sure if you were playing for the forma update, but i'll outline it for you. When you pick up a wep, base/ forma'ed, you have immediate capacity, equal to your Mastery Rank. You then won't gain any capacity until you level the wep past your MR.  This means, if you are MR15, You'll start any unranked weapon with 15 capacity, 30 if you have a catalyst on it.  You won't get any more capacity until you reach level 16 with that wep, and then you will gain capacity as normal.

Edited by beckettb

Farming prime items is way easier, farming relics and upgrading them is way more time consuming now. We kinda lost the rewards for endless missions aside from self satisfaction.

Leveling the same as ever, never used Draco myself but people already found another node that i can guess is pretty much the same for leveling. The implement of having mod capacity points according to your MR helps a lot for leveling.

People complain about the credits, if you were a person that got most of your credits from dark sectors, yeah you are not going to get as much now, but if you focus on getting relics and making them radiant you get a lot of credits that way, personally my credit production is not better or worse than before but for sure the origin of where they come from change, so that would depend on how you used to get most of your credits before.

All in all i would say the changes makes you to stay more time logged to get the same stuff you did before. You can translate that as a more grindy but at least is more diverse now, at the end is up to you if you like it or not. Im still waiting for the next patch to get a personal opinion on where warframe is going.

The community has become attached to the idea of grinding. It never really gives credit when grind is reduced and blows things out of proportion when it's increased.

The biggest change on that score lately has been free points on weapons and gear based on your mastery rank. If you're a MR7 you get a minimum of 7 points on your weapon. If you're MR22 you get 22/30 points right away at rank0. Doubled by a potato. And of course polarities still make mods cost half. This means you don't need to take a rank 0 weapon to a farm node. You can just throw stuff on it and start playing right away. Not only is this more fun and less grindy, it adds some challenge back in as well since you're not just using pimped out gear or nothing all the time.

The new void system I won't comment on. I haven't used it enough. It does provide four rolls per run though, and you can find anything you want playing any of the mission types so it's no longer "play the same map and mission over, and over, and over, and over until that thing drops". Even if it's not fast, I have a hard time accepting it when people say it was an increase of grind due to the variety it brought.

As always, the game is throwing tons of different rewards at you all the time and you can seek more than one at a time. Like leveling weapons by using them, in an area that drops resources you need, against a faction that will bring the invader you want the autograph of. You've got to have many irons in the fire. If you just google the "best node for X" and seek only one reward at a time playing the same thing all night and not caring about anything else that drops, it's going to feel grindy eventually.

Edited by VKhaun

7 hours ago, Arrectius said:

Farming prime items is way easier, farming relics and upgrading them is way more time consuming now. We kinda lost the rewards for endless missions aside from self satisfaction.

Leveling the same as ever, never used Draco myself but people already found another node that i can guess is pretty much the same for leveling. The implement of having mod capacity points according to your MR helps a lot for leveling.

People complain about the credits, if you were a person that got most of your credits from dark sectors, yeah you are not going to get as much now, but if you focus on getting relics and making them radiant you get a lot of credits that way, personally my credit production is not better or worse than before but for sure the origin of where they come from change, so that would depend on how you used to get most of your credits before.

All in all i would say the changes makes you to stay more time logged to get the same stuff you did before. You can translate that as a more grindy but at least is more diverse now, at the end is up to you if you like it or not. Im still waiting for the next patch to get a personal opinion on where warframe is going.

lol not just DS credits were globally nerfed  . JUST. TO .INCREASE.THE .GRIND :/ DE BE TAKING THE PI SS 

I thought the progression or "grind" was fine before, it's always been fine.

It's easier to get prime parts now but it's at the cost of 0 challenge and moving the grind over to credits, affinity and resources instead.

The game feels more like a grind than ever to me but my opinion might not be the popular one. The Relic system is good but the Void is awful. Just 5 min spam missions over and over....  I'll take long endless missions any day. Least they made me pay attention after the 40min mark.

To be honest since U19. All I do is dailies, build a forma and watch Netflix / Youtube with the game tabed out. I'm giving it a few more weeks to bring some rewarding veteran content back otherwise I'm just gunna take a break.

Keep in mind this is coming from a maxed out player with a stupid amount of plat though. As a return players you'll likely be entertained.... least till you catch up and have nothing to use your 1.4 million red crits on.

If you never played Draco then the grind is about the same as before for Affinity, Credit gains got nerfed.

Relics area about the same grind for Primes as before until the next prime access hits, you will need to grind new relics to for the new primes.