Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strict NAT Issues

(PSN)OrderlyMess

Question

I am getting that "Failed to Join Session" error and I found on the internet that the NAT error when I log in fixes that issue. But I don't know how to fix it on PS4 I saw that if I click a gear button on the star map that it will open the settings for it but that is obviously for PC. Thank you for your time and input.

3 answers to this question

NAT settings are actually configured on your router's settings and refers to if there's a port forwarded to your device's IP address.

If you're able to enable "UPnP" on your router (and in-game, as well as NAT-PMP), you can get around the strict NAT settings on the router, seeing as "Open" NAT requires the game's ports (as listed in Warframe's Gamplay Options) to be forwarded to that device manually, as both UPnP and NAT-PMP will (in layman's terms) allow connections through those respective ports.

If you have those set up on your router and in-game to work, but it's still causing issues, check to see if there's any device beyond the router that's blocking those ports or otherwise making them inaccessible.

16 hours ago, MrBubbleSS said:

NAT settings are actually configured on your router's settings and refers to if there's a port forwarded to your device's IP address.

If you're able to enable "UPnP" on your router (and in-game, as well as NAT-PMP), you can get around the strict NAT settings on the router, seeing as "Open" NAT requires the game's ports (as listed in Warframe's Gamplay Options) to be forwarded to that device manually, as both UPnP and NAT-PMP will (in layman's terms) allow connections through those respective ports.

If you have those set up on your router and in-game to work, but it's still causing issues, check to see if there's any device beyond the router that's blocking those ports or otherwise making them inaccessible.

Would this issue cause the "Failed to join session" bug where I can't invite or join anyone that isn't on my friends list?

You can change the ports Warframe is looking at from the in-game settings. But be sure those ports line up with open firewall ports on your router.

Look up your router online on how to alter Port Forwarding/NAT.

If you live in an apartment complex that says internet is built into your rent and your own router is configured properly, it means your complex's network switch/router is blocking those ports and there's probably nothing you can do about that. I know that's a really specific example but I know someone who that's happening to. Took a while to figure that one out...