Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why not Suda Gram?

MightyHatchet

3 hours ago, Chipputer said:

Even if this was the starting position that OP had, it changes nothing of the validity of their arguments. Nobody thinks you're clever but yourself.

Their argument is invalid in that not making the Suda Heliocor does not stop the Suda weapon from preventing scans. It will still have that AOE regardless, so if you want to go only scanning and don't want the AOE, use the normal Heliocor. If you want to scan stuff AND have the AOE, use the Suda Heliocor. I like the idea of having a weapon with 2 passives, rather than having a weapon with a passive that looks nice with the other weapons, then an unrelated weapon with the same AOE I get from the other weapons.

5 hours ago, WickedEuphoria said:

Their argument is invalid in that not making the Suda Heliocor does not stop the Suda weapon from preventing scans. It will still have that AOE regardless, so if you want to go only scanning and don't want the AOE, use the normal Heliocor. If you want to scan stuff AND have the AOE, use the Suda Heliocor. I like the idea of having a weapon with 2 passives, rather than having a weapon with a passive that looks nice with the other weapons, then an unrelated weapon with the same AOE I get from the other weapons.

Why do so many posters throw around words like "invaild" and "illogical." Trying to win the debate club championship? Trying out for a role in the next Star Trek?

I thought this was simple but there I go again giving you too much credit. Let me break down for you.

On Dev Stream 78 when they showed their work in progress assets  many people wondered why they didn't have a Vaylor Jat Kittag for SM. Rebecca said that they wanted to refurbish some of the less used melee weapons.

Also, there are some threads here questioning the choice of the Sancti Magistar. That weapon is old and crappy but is sexy as #$%&!

As well as threads saying we have too many new hammers these days.

With this thread I'm trying to bring us all together. Why must you always work against progress?

The proposed syndicate melee:

SM: Sydon (Grineer themed mastery fodder)

AH: Telos Boltace (Boltor themed mastery fodder)

CS: Synoid Heliocor (the newest frigging weapon in the game from Simaris that I've already potato'd and put 4 forma on!)

(Also, not every CS is a Simaris clone, remember Gammacor?)

PS: Lecta (Corpus themed mastery fodder)

RV: Rakta Dark Dagger (assassin themed mastery fodder)

NL: Sancti Magistar (beautiful mastery fodder that looks good with an Oberon)

Hmm.... which of these things is not like the other?

The Gram is like the Magistar a beautiful weapon that a has no place any self respecting try-hard's inventory. It looks technology advanced and until update 11.0 it was just a visually enlarged plasma sword.

On the other hand,

1. The Heliocor is already awesome (Mine is potato'd + 4 forma).

2. Fulfills a unique utility function that might be ruined by the AOE proc (Or a ridiculously op AOE scan!) 

3. The newest melee in game

4. Already belongs to another syndicate

I my closing argument I would like say that it would be great to be able to call my sword "Synoid Gramdring, the foe-hammer"

5713276869_82a39f42d1_z.jpg

Edited by MightyHatchet

20 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Simple solution: Synoid Heliocor should NOT scan. That should be Simaris own special syndicate effect. 

But i'd like to only use 1 potato... And syndi weapons are supposed to be upgrades. So i'd probably just use the synoid heliocor as MR fodder when it can't scan. Because if i want to go scan, heliocor then and if i want to go damage, fragor prime. 

Let's just hope simaris will get more weapons to his arsenal soon with similar effects and without being adopted and upgraded by suda.

17 hours ago, WickedEuphoria said:

Their argument is invalid

Their argument isn't invalid, though. I don't see what's so hard to understand about what they're trying to say. They're suggesting an alternative to alleviate the problem, even, with the Gram. It's good feedback.