Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Hot Days of 2016

Ohgun

It seems like we are getting even closer to Autumn, but before September arrives, let's recap on our experiences of the days where the heat index got over 100°  Fahrenheit (or 37° Celsius if you live outside of the United States). Well when I had to endure a hot day this summer, I would typically move to a room that was cooler than the one I was currently in to either work on Visions of An Ancestry, surf the web, or sometimes play games Warframe. But that was only when the heat index got so high it was unbearable for me to stay in a non-air conditioned room. And I didn't have a pool so that was out of the question. So the only way for me to stay cool was to keep to rooms that are significantly cooler than the temperature outside. That was my experience with the hot temperatures this season. What are yours?

49 minutes ago, Ohgun said:

It seems like we are getting even closer to Autumn, but before September arrives, let's recap on our experiences of the days where the heat index got over 100°  Fahrenheit (or 37° Celsius if you live outside of the United States). Well when I had to endure a hot day this summer, I would typically move to a room that was cooler than the one I was currently in to either work on Visions of An Ancestry, surf the web, or sometimes play games Warframe. But that was only when the heat index got so high it was unbearable for me to stay in a non-air conditioned room. And I didn't have a pool so that was out of the question. So the only way for me to stay cool was to keep to rooms that are significantly cooler than the temperature outside. That was my experience with the hot temperatures this season. What are yours?

I ran 9 miles through a scorching forest on a 94 degree day while being chased and eaten alive by mosquitos. Fun.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

Still not hot enough to make me sweat, and I'm admittedly wearing black long sleeves and jeans most of the time. It's noticeably warmer in Michigan during the summer months, and definitely enjoyable. However, it doesn't last long due to the long and deadly winters. I remember back in middle school (I've lived here my whole life by the way), the snow was not stopping and the roads were so stacked to the point we had an entire week off (which caused the school year to extend another few days into summer to compensate).

This particular summer has been merciful, just like most of the previous. It started off depressing as most days were rainy or gray, but late July and early August have been very fair. It's freezing in my house most of the time (because I think our AC doesn't know what moderation is - it's either too hot or too cold), so stepping outside the first time of the day gives a feeling of it being much much hotter than it really is. I'll cherish this before the inevitable massive instant temperature drop and first snow in mid October.

On 8/9/2016 at 6:13 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

I ran 9 miles through a scorching forest on a 94 degree day while being chased and eaten alive by mosquitos. Fun.

That doesn't sound like fun when Mosquitoes are involved.

14 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Still not hot enough to make me sweat, and I'm admittedly wearing black long sleeves and jeans most of the time. It's noticeably warmer in Michigan during the summer months, and definitely enjoyable. However, it doesn't last long due to the long and deadly winters. I remember back in middle school (I've lived here my whole life by the way), the snow was not stopping and the roads were so stacked to the point we had an entire week off (which caused the school year to extend another few days into summer to compensate).

This particular summer has been merciful, just like most of the previous. It started off depressing as most days were rainy or gray, but late July and early August have been very fair. It's freezing in my house most of the time (because I think our AC doesn't know what moderation is - it's either too hot or too cold), so stepping outside the first time of the day gives a feeling of it being much much hotter than it really is. I'll cherish this before the inevitable massive instant temperature drop and first snow in mid October.

I guess the winter weather in Michigan is more brutal than the winter weather in southwestern Tennessee, but I'm glad that the heat waves spared your state.

Its been a comfortable 86 degrees in L.A., cooling down from last week. This coming week will be triple digits. Swimming in the pool and going to the beach are ways to stay cool. Going kayaking or rowing a racing/drum boat are my fun activities and the cold water temperature and cool breeze helps. Then go to the mall, yogurtland or Coldstone ice cream shop. We do get a lot of brush fires during the summer. 

On 8/9/2016 at 4:13 PM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

Seriously MK, fun? Don't let mosquitos eat you alive! Have you heard about the zika virus spreading? And not just that but other diseases they carry like west nile virus, malaria, dengue, etc. Take good care of your health - you're not Umbra Excalibur.

Do this: Use 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup witch hazel, 6 drops citronella oil and mix and place on a spray bottle and spray it on your exposed skin works better than chemical sprays you buy. Its harmless to pets. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Its been a comfortable 86 degrees in L.A., cooling down from last week. This coming week will be triple digits. Swimming in the pool and going to the beach are ways to stay cool. Going kayaking or rowing a racing/drum boat are my fun activities and the cold water temperature and cool breeze helps. Then go to the mall, yogurtland or Coldstone ice cream shop. We do get a lot of brush fires during the summer. 

Seriously MK, fun? Don't let mosquitos eat you alive! Have you heard about the zika virus spreading? And not just that but other diseases they carry like west nile virus, malaria, dengue, etc. Take good care of your health - you're not Umbra Excalibur.

Do this: Use 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, 1/3 cup witch hazel, 6 drops citronella oil and mix and place on a spray bottle and spray it on your exposed skin works better than chemical sprays you buy. Its harmless to pets. 

Or am I?

QCv7MgU.jpg

44 minutes ago, TheMetrocop said:

I'm super allergic and easily get scars from all the itching, so...

That's what happens to my little sister so generally we try to make sure she never gets mosquito bites. Mosquitos tend to avoid me so I rarely get bit. I don't have to worry unless there's like swarms of them that is no fun. 

I work in a small air conditioned office above a warehouse/distribution center full of hundreds of employees working in the heat. I came in one day and forgot myself. Started complaining that it sucked how hot my car was when I first got in it to drive up until the AC kicked in. All my co-workers looking at me like 

AqlRr.gif

If you really want big contrast in the weather try moving to Texas. (atleast the Dallas FW area)

It can get higher than 100 degrees Fahrenheit down here, and down to the thirties and forties in the  winter. 

There's been some extreme weather reports (in my town) of all the streets icing over while it snowed non-stop. Everything was closed.

3 hours ago, oOSinox said:

If you really want big contrast in the weather try moving to Texas. (atleast the Dallas FW area)

It can get higher than 100 degrees Fahrenheit down here, and down to the thirties and forties in the  winter. 

There's been some extreme weather reports (in my town) of all the streets icing over while it snowed non-stop. Everything was closed.

I used to go there every summer because my Aunt used to live near there. They always had very good seafood and barbaque.

Edited by (XB1)MK Ultra K11

On 8/11/2016 at 5:02 PM, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

That sounds like a great idea if I were to go outdoors for long periods of time.

On August 12, 2016 at 11:32 AM, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

That's what happens to my little sister so generally we try to make sure she never gets mosquito bites. Mosquitos tend to avoid me so I rarely get bit. I don't have to worry unless there's like swarms of them that is no fun. 

but i'm literally a mosquito magnet.