Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No Mans Sky

(PSN)zeratul____12

10 minutes ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

Whats that again? I have honestly never heard of it

Largely hyped game and possibly overrated seeing how long it's been going on for. At least that's what my impressions were. I remember reading how an original backer had given up on the game entirely as it was taking so long with no end in sight. When I last played it, it was a 'simulation' where nothing was really going on, you could run around in a city and then fight others/ai in space in some sort of 'vr mode'. Think it's currently staying that way until it finally releases.

Might be good when it arrives but it doesn't interest me right now.

Edited by Naith

18 minutes ago, Naith said:

Largely hyped game and possibly overrated seeing how long it's been going on for. At least that's what my impressions were. I remember reading how an original backer had given up on the game entirely as it was taking so long with no end in sight. When I last played it, it was a 'simulation' where nothing was really going on, you could run around in a city and then fight others/ai in space in some sort of 'vr mode'. Think it's currently staying that way until it finally releases.

Might be good when it arrives but it doesn't interest me right now.

That does sound boring atleast you can fly where you want in NMS.It does have potential though since its probably not that big in comparison sso the devs dont have that much to really do.

1 hour ago, (PS4)zeratul____12 said:

That does sound boring atleast you can fly where you want in NMS.It does have potential though since its probably not that big in comparison sso the devs dont have that much to really do.

Well I think it's supposed to have more in it, eventually. Like space exploration and raids and whatnot. I can't say I paid much attention. Tried it out, found it dull in terms of content and removed it from my PC.

The game is a disappointment, at least for me.  It feels empty and dull. There's not much reason to upgrade your suit, ship, and multi-tools because there's nothing will challenge you, "So you have 20 slots multi-tools? What are you going to do with it? Shoot the sentinel with no reason and having to deal with game's clunky combat mechanics?" Due to the vastness of the planet, players should have the ability to place marker so they can track it again later on. We have starship and hyperdrive but a simple homing device is too much to ask?

I honestly don't understand the mentality of "Give them some time. They will come out with more stuff and it will eventually be worth $60." Why would be an okay thing to do? They released it with such price and it should be worth that much at release. If Hello Games slowly gives out updates to elevate the game's value to worth $60 in the future, then No Man's Sky might as well be an Early Access.

26 minutes ago, MercurialAirSpectre said:

I honestly don't understand the mentality of "Give them some time. They will come out with more stuff and it will eventually be worth $60." Why would be an okay thing to do? They released it with such price and it should be worth that much at release. If Hello Games slowly gives out updates to elevate the game's value to worth $60 in the future, then No Man's Sky might as well be an Early Access.

This.

We judge a game by what it is at its current state, not what they promise to give out in the future.

As for me, after around 2-3 days of playtime (with breaks and social obligations in between) I've become very bored with the game. There's no worthwhile goal in the game, other than to head to the galactic core, which would just be doing more of what I consider dull exploration, credit gain and mining. 

The idea of bases isn't good considering how the game is focused on going forward, instead of going backward. Why would you want to build one anyways? For the tiny chance that a player will stumble upon it? Unless they add a system where you can easily had back to that specific solar system or at the very least add a waypoint, then the addition of it is meh.

Right now, I'm playing Rebel Galaxy. I'm already hooked on it and would recommend it over NMS any day of the week