Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible New Faction - Aliens

Wooffgang

We are space ninjas and all. This being a 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter one would expect to find some sort of alien enemy.

I don't know if I am the only one that feels this way but the infested don't exactly fit into that role. They seem to be more like mutants derived from humans. Like you can tell a runner is a infested corpus by the specific lower half. Or that a Charger is a grineer by the similar shoulders.

Call me a Alien versus preadator fanboy but the idea of a alien jumping out from the vents and grabbing my warframe is just too good to deny. Something completely unrelated to humans. Complete monsters that have been lurking in outer space. This could add a bit of horror feeling to the game.

Some of my ideas:

Main concept:

- Organised in Hives: Now this would make for a awsome Extermination or rescue mission don't you think. Rush into a Alien hive to rescue a fellow Tenno or to exterminate the treat. The generic Sabotage mission can become a Destoy the hive in some innovative way the DE can think of :>. This is probably too generic but would fit in.

-Faction specific trait: Kill the lights. and make you relly purely on your flashlight to tell where and what to shoot.

The units:

- Highly mobile light units that can take a Tenno by surprise. They should be simmilar to the infested. Swarming at you in high numbers. But not in the manner your everyday chargers pile up to get slaughtered. No... These units should be clinging to the walls and trying to get you from behind as much as possible.

-Huge Heavy units that are capable of knocking you down; Trowing you into a wall across the map. These units should be a reason to panic upon sight. The toxic poision mechanic should be shared into a ranged attack where these units just spit acid towards you in a attempt to burn a hole in your armor.

-Flyers - Ranged units capable of trowing thorns. A stagger ability that would put the frame in a simmilar state as disruption (- The energy and shield taken away from you)

-Lurkers: Like the name said units that are capable of dragging you into hazards, or clusters of aliens.

What do you think about it?

But we already got aliens. Corpus, Grineer, Infested, Tenno. All aliens. This is set at least a couple thousand years from present day, after all.

I remember reading somewhere that the Grineer are Humans. But, this thread hits a soft spot with me cause i'm a alien fan. I would honestly rather see some form of Orokin thing return and just have them have this very very unique and just....clearly not human appearance.

But yeah the OP did describe how the infested should act. Right now they are sort of like the flood, they just rush you with numbers. I'd love to see the infested take on some of these traits, specifically the "Running walls" thing, nothing says "Oh S#&$" like a wave of enemies ON THE FREAKING CEILING RAINING ONTOP OF YOU.

There is potential for a possible new "alien" species to show up, not just some...disease that mutates people. Also, will we ever see an infested tenno? The crawlers are grineer, the runners and ancients appear to be corpus, and Lotus has mentioned that some tenno have fallen to infested when you go to kill golem, so it's possible to see some sort of infested tenno, which could be this wall running and leaping thing that bounces around the level trying to kill you. Sort of like a new type of stalker.

I remember reading somewhere that the Grineer are Humans. But, this thread hits a soft spot with me cause i'm a alien fan. I would honestly rather see some form of Orokin thing return and just have them have this very very unique and just....clearly not human appearance.

Tenno, Grineer, and Corpus are human.

I did state that the faction Should be standalone. Also the idea is not to add a gun wielding advanced civilization that has superior technology. I did state they should be pure monsters. Capable of scaring you..... well, at least before you start slaughtering them or start playing Fragorball with them.

And I'm guessing most of the ppl who didn't understand that didn't read the post. The Infested are mutants, you can see the similar design concepts as long as you have a working pair of eyes. I don't feel like the infested need changing... Apart from Runners and Aincients having build in enemy radar they are fine. Sure could use a bit of polishing. But the thing I'm talking about here is different.