Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vilayana - the Decomposing Warframe

Hayabusa97

Vilayana wields the power of decomposition. This includes rotting, corrosion, necrosis, and disintigration

I'll leave lore, artwork, and ability synergy ideas to someone else

Stats

• Health: 75 (225)
  • Shields 125 (375)
  • Armor: 15
  • Sprint: 1.15
  • Power: 150 (225)

Passive Noxious Vapor (Enemies that enter within 5 meters of Vilayana take 5 Corrosive Damage per second with a 20% chance to proc each second)

Role  Corrosive DPS/AOE/Anti Armor

Abilities

1. Eroding Surge: Launches a torrent of superacids that ragdolls enemies, dealing 225/450/675/900 Corrosive Damage with a 25%/50%/75%/100% chance to proc 15/20/25/30 meters in front of Vilayana
  2. Fume Expansion (Toggle): Expands the fumes surrounding Vilayana to 10/20/30/40 meters, dealing 25/50/75/100 Corrosive Damage per second with a 20%/40%/60%/80% proc chance per second
  3. Oxidizing Chain: 1/2/3/4 enemies within a 5/10/15/20 meter radius will be hit with a beam that does 100/200/300/400 Corrosive Damage per second (15%/30%/45%/60% proc chance per second) for 10/15/20/25 seconds. Can chain to different enemies
  4. Pestilence: A massive wave of festering energy is projected outward at 3 meters per second for 3/6/9/12 seconds, deals 725/1450/2175/2900 Corrosive Damage, and completely removes all armor from enemies hit by it

I came up with this idea about 15 minutes ago because there is no Warframe in the game that dishes out Corrosive procs (Saryn's Miasma doesn't count) to make them effectively an Anti Armor frame. Lemme know how I should change this since this is more or less a rough draft

I think you need to find a "frame"/theme for your decomposition. Think of an animal or entity that embodies your concept and design the abilities around that.

Right now there appears to be no synergy or mechanics that don't include pressing a button and walking.

"Why use any other abilities if the 4th just removes all the armor?"

Edited by Synpai

Yeah, I'm not very good when it comes to balancing, my thought process when coming up with frame ideas tends to go

1. Browse Powerlisting.wikia for a while

2. Find a power than hasn't been in Warframe

3. Immediately make Forum post implementing abilities themed around said power

4. Wait for feedback

On 8/11/2016 at 2:01 PM, Synpai said:

I think you need to find a "frame"/theme for your decomposition. Think of an animal or entity that embodies your concept and design the abilities around that.

Right now there appears to be no synergy or mechanics that don't include pressing a button and walking.

"Why use any other abilities if the 4th just removes all the armor?"

for the theme how about a scorpion? with the stingers * corrosive dmg warframe*

10 minutes ago, SAYMYNAMELOUDLY said:

ill come back to that in a while....let me think

No worries, it'll be hard for such a theme, because although Saryn may not exactly fit the theme, she fits parts of the theme being: Damage over time and Close-Combat (she doesnt fit this one TOOOO well but still).

i made this concept quite a long time ago:

SCORPIUS (male) / SQUAMA *latin for scale* (female)

Appearance: Scorpio's design is very much like an actual scorpion. His "skin" is made up of pieces of armor that act as a strong exoskeleton. Parts of his body are very "organic" looking such as his 2 tails and his right arm. Default, his  colors are a mix of black  and grey with his energy a neon green.

(Corrosive damage based) 

Health: 320 at rank 30

Shields: 330 at rank 30

Armor:   140 

energy:  200 at rank 30

Scorpio is a corrosive based warframe with abilities that excel in taking out enemies with high amounts of armor. His cryopod was found in a cave deep in the mountains of Ceres. COST: 25 energy

Ability 1: melting stream: his stingers eject a steam a highly potent acidic poison that does  medium dmg and reduces enemy armor by 33% *similar to ember's fireball* 

*is affected by power range and strength

Ability 2 : exoskeleton absorb: For 15 seconds, Scorpio can increase his armor by killing enemies using his melee weapon. Armor increases by 8 on every kill . The added armor will last for 30 seconds   COST: 50 energy  *is also not affected by other warframe abilities

*is affected by power duration

Ability 3: acid bullets: all squad mates will receive a corrosive dmg buff and a status chance and duration boost of 100% to their projectile weapons for 15 seconds. buff works similar to volt's shield but with corrosive dmg COST: 75 energy

*affected by power duration 

Ability 4 : Stingers: 2 massive scorpion tails emerge from Scorpio's back. Each tipped with a razor sharp tip blade/needle. They do massive amounts of puncture and corrosive dmg with a decent attack speed. Scorpio also gains additional shields and health. While in the ability, all his other abilities cost less energy.  While in this ability, exoskeleton absorb will have an armor increase of 12 instead of 8 per kill. Works similar to valkyr's hysteria, the longer you are in it the more energy the ability consumes. Parts of the tails are synthetic but is mostly organic looking...as if he absorbed them straight from a giant scorpion. possible lore?

*affected by power strenth and duration

Passive: because of his horrific and monstrous look, enemies will have a chance to be terrified and run away. 33% chance?

i'm sorry...i know... it is a really bad concept ( ͡↑ ͜ʖ ͡↑) 

Edited by SAYMYNAMELOUDLY