Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is my dog trying to eat acorns?

oOSinox

I have a blond Maltese - Poodle mix breed who's a little over a year old. I've had him since late August and he weighs 9.5 lbs.

I think I may have a distinct problem. When ever I go on walks with him he's always biting/sniffing at acorns? Are there any dog owners/dog-trainers out there who can tell me why this may be? I'm unsure whether or not it's healthy.

Edited by oOSinox

12 hours ago, RetiredEdgeLord said:

Google mentions acorns being deadly to dogs. 

You know why people love drugs? (Because they find them interesting [huh?] even though they're dangerous)  Now replace people with dogs, and drugs with acorns.

Yah, I looked right after. But, really you should feel flattered. I thought about asking the Warframe Community before a large database like Google or a Vet/Dog-trainer.

Edited by oOSinox

My dog, who passed awhile ago,  when in her puppy days seemed to try and eat rocks/stones. Thankfully she didn't hurt herself but it was downright odd.

Loved cups of tea too... Slop slop slop.

Edited by Naith

25 minutes ago, Naith said:

My dog, who passed awhile ago,  was in her puppy days seemed to try and eat rocks/stones. Thankfully she didn't hurt herself but it was downright odd.

Loved cups of tea too... Slop slop slop.

That's so sad.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:54 PM, oOSinox said:

I have a blond Maltese - Poodle mix breed who's a little over a year old. I've had him since late August and he weighs 9.5 lbs.

I think I may have a distinct problem. When ever I go on walks with him he's always biting/sniffing at acorns? Are there any dog owners/dog-trainers out there who can tell me why this may be? I'm unsure whether or not it's healthy.

It's common for young dogs to attempt to eat inedible items like stones- nobody really knows why.  It may probably be out of curiosity and boredom.  No, it's not healthy, but it should be a passing phase.  Just watch him and keep him away from the acorns and he should be fine.