Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Study Of Tenno Biology

Tesseract_The_Pariah

Tenno are semi-officially confirmed to be Technocyte shapeshifters as of Livestream 10. The Warframes only interface with technocyte, so no Grineer or Corpus frames, but I could see a future infested boss made out of a mishmash of biomass and prime warframes.

Either way, i would like to see faction specific "frames".

The probability of having faction inspired playable frame is low, but having one or more as a boss seems possible to me.

Official lore also confirms that both Grineer and Corpus actively search for technology behind Warframes.

It's likely that both have bunch of warframe scraps. Now what if they tried to actually build a warframe, without knowing how to operate on technocyte.Just stitching it up together so that the spare parts they had would work for their purpose, replacing lack of required materials with ones they commonly use.

Infested are entirely different thing as they are the technocyte and Tenno seem to be immune, unless something goes wrong. And how interesting it would be to see how wrong it could get.

I think the tenno are evolved humans that have learned to use nano technology to reinforce their bones and organs and provide healing abilities, while providing a neural interface for their warframes, like a driver for a piece of computer hardware. This is how they control their warframe so well, because the warframe is literally an extension of the tenno. I do not believe that tenno change genders to suit a specific warframe, why bother when there are probably plenty of female tenno. And if there were no female tenno, why have female warframes? It just seems counter-intuitive. Plus I always imagine the female tenno to be complete hotties underneath those warframes, like samus from super metroid, lol.

Edited by Biotic_Commando

It is likely that the shields of the warframe are powered by negative energy, seeing as how the can recharge without requiring the gathering of normal means of power. The creation of negative energy would require a vacuum, so there is either a vacuum space inside the warframe or the space around the warframe is sealed as a vaccum by the shields. Furthermore the shields likely work the same as a force field would. By charging immense amounts of ions using negative energy and shooting them off to deflect incoming matter (bullets or melee attacks). It is also likely that the shields also protect them from fall damage by applying more charged ions to the feet as the tenno is landing.

Just a theory....

The livestream confirmed that the current Dev idea is that the Tenno are Technocyte entities cultivated from Hayden Tenno. There are no males or females. They shape shift into whatever form fits their armour. They may not even have humanoid forms outside the Warframes. It would explain why the don't take them off on-screen.

I speculate that the armour having gendered features is a holdover from earlier times, perhaps mimicking the Orokin?

Here is what I have gathered (from observing gameplay and trailers) about the biology and nature of the Tenno.

Tenno Blood is red - Meaning that they breathe oxygen and indeed, bleed. Or at least the blood has iron and hemoglobin in it, if it is synthetic.

Along with blood we know that Tenno get fatigued from both the E3 trailer - where the Excalibur seems to have a bit of weakness from waking up - and gameplay - where your Tenno gets "tired" and has to stop sprinting/jumping/wallrunning/meleeing. This implies either biological musculature with the buildup of lactic acid, or overheating if it is mechanical.

There is more proof of biological musculature from the fact that Tenno tense up for power attacks.

We know that Tenno use optical perception despite their eyeless helmets because they aim their ranged weapons and hold them up and use the iron sights. This is further reinforced by the fact that Tenno turn their heads to look at things.

With the staggering that Tenno exhibit upon decompression or explosions, we know that they balance using reflex and inner ear self righting, and yet they do not seem to get dizzy or disoriented due to the crazy amount of spinning around they do. This implies cybernetic upgrades of some sort.

Back to fatigue and also pain sensation, we know that Tenno either feel pain or at least know when to stop moving when they get incapacitated. The revival gas that gets sprayed on them may very well be a sort of stimulant that a Warframe carries in sufficient doses to ward off weakness -like that exhibited in the e3 trailer- or some sort of literal healing gas, a medical miracle of the future, no doubt.

Onto the Warframes themselves, we know that warframes do not seem to inhibit the range of motion seen in almost any piece of Warframe Media. This implies that Tenno are able to directly control their warframes, likely because such warframes have musculature of their own...

As seen in the change of body types throughout the warframes. For instance, Tenno are able to change between a Mag and a Rhino. This implies that Tenno may meld with their Warframes in an intimate and intricate manner.

Due to the nature of male and female warframes, it's fairly safe to assume that they can change gender at will. This implies an understanding of Biology that is unsurpassed by even the grineer. Flesh must be like Clay to them.

The fact that Warframes can use Orokin cells and Reactors implies that the Warframe is somewhat physically seperate from the Tenno in some ways due to the fact that you can upgrade one frame with a reactor, but it will not switch over to the other one. Obviously, this means that this reactor is not built into the tenno...

And yet Sensor Modules are, or at least they integrate with the (likely even more advanced) implants that Tenno no doubt possess to control their Warframes.

If anyone wishes to add anymore, please do.

Addition as of 7/6/2013 -

Tenno exhibit great strength, aka Rhino, or indeed any heavy weapon use.

Along with this, they appear to exhibit skeletal structure stronger than that of a normal human, a la not throwing out their back swinging a Scindo around so fast.

Likely also means that their tendons and ligaments are stronger than normal humans, what with parkour and lack of sprained ankles.

Another thing, their internal organs(if they can be called that), seem to be stronger than normal humans, due to the force that shoots through their bodies, a la Rhino stomp and withstanding hammer blows... Or the Warframes are really padded.

The fact that no other faction uses Warframes hints at some special genetic marker in the Tenno, perhaps. Or maybe it is physiology at large allowing this, like organs that allow them to interface/power the Warframes.

If you played dark sector than you know that haden tenno was infected with the technocyt virus and morphed into the first excaliber, but know tenno pilot warframes instead of becoming them, this means the would have taken the base of what the technocyt morphed people into and made it into an exoskeleton that they now pilot, this would mean that the orokin (being a mispronunciation of origin) were people infected with the technocyt, but the tenno could be average humans that simply pilot these exoskeletons derived from the bodies of the orokins

This was written before the devs "confirmed" that Warframe was a semi-sequel to Dark Sector rather than a complete redo. Personally I hope they change their mind and drop the baggage of a disappointing game relatively few people bothered to play.

If you played dark sector than you know that haden tenno was infected with the technocyt virus and morphed into the first excaliber, but know tenno pilot warframes instead of becoming them, this means the would have taken the base of what the technocyt morphed people into and made it into an exoskeleton that they now pilot, this would mean that the orokin (being a mispronunciation of origin) were people infected with the technocyt, but the tenno could be average humans that simply pilot these exoskeletons derived from the bodies of the orokins

This is all pure speculation.

Hayden didn't morph into Excalibur. He put on a suit and removed the arm part so his infected flesh still showed. There is no evidence that the suits are made of technocyte virus (although it would explain much about the nature of the infection) and even if they were just vanilia humans, no amount of exo-armor could prevent the irreparable liquification of joints and organs after such intense impacts form falling or gunshots, not explain how they could carve their way through a towering armored cyborg with just a blade.

I think a lot of what the Devs said was taken out of context. Hayden was the OG, in that he was meant to be the main character of a game which Warframe was based on. Spiritual precursor, perhaps, but they did not say categorically that he was the first creation of the Orokin, the Tenno as a race / culture or of the infestation.

If that were the case, then Mezner and Nadia were Tenno well before Hayden discovered his powers. Nadia was the one who infected Hayden after all.

This is all pure speculation.

Hayden didn't morph into Excalibur. He put on a suit and removed the arm part so his infected flesh still showed. There is no evidence that the suits are made of technocyte virus (although it would explain much about the nature of the infection) and even if they were just vanilia humans, no amount of exo-armor could prevent the irreparable liquification of joints and organs after such intense impacts form falling or gunshots, not explain how they could carve their way through a towering armored cyborg with just a blade.

I think a lot of what the Devs said was taken out of context. Hayden was the OG, in that he was meant to be the main character of a game which Warframe was based on. Spiritual precursor, perhaps, but they did not say categorically that he was the first creation of the Orokin, the Tenno as a race / culture or of the infestation.

If that were the case, then Mezner and Nadia were Tenno well before Hayden discovered his powers. Nadia was the one who infected Hayden after all.

ur also forgetting the sentient war, betwin orokin and sentients, sentient meaning aware and mezner and nadia were the first infected that were actualy aware of them selves not a zombified hive mind like the rest so they would have been the sentients against hayden and any one else with him that would be orokin

ur also forgetting the sentient war, betwin orokin and sentients, sentient meaning aware and mezner and nadia were the first infected that were actualy aware of them selves not a zombified hive mind like the rest so they would have been the sentients against hayden and any one else with him that would be orokin

Again, a good theory, but still speculatory.

The Orokin could be the product of a technological singularity event fighting against the rebellion of sentient creatures. Again, all speculation. I am just trying to make sure people don't make the mistake of posting what they believe to be fact.

It's 'the Sapience'. Singular and with the definitive article. My guess is Skynet or Spacebug Hive.

Again, a good theory, but still speculatory.

The Orokin could be the product of a technological singularity event fighting against the rebellion of sentient creatures. Again, all speculation. I am just trying to make sure people don't make the mistake of posting what they believe to be fact.

why must you crush my hopes and dreams with relentless logic. jk thanks for keeping the information correct i just kinda through my ideas out blindly some times sorry about that

sentience is being self aware

Incorrect

In the philosophy of consciousness, sentience refers to the ability of any entity to have subjective perceptual experiences, or as some philosophers refer to them, "qualia". This is distinct from other aspects of the mind and consciousness, such as creativity, intelligence, sapience, self-awareness, and intentionality (the ability to have thoughts that mean something or are "about" something).

In any case this is getting a off topic.

So them Tenno sure are genetically engineered nano-cyborgs with bonded biotech symbiotic battlesuits, am I right?

Sentient

1: responsive to or conscious of sense impressions <sentient beings>

2: aware (note awarenss is seperate from self-awareness)

3: finely sensitive in perception or feeling

Sentience

1: a sentient quality or state

2: feeling or sensation as distinguished from perception and thought

Oh look I was right :P