Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to improve this build? (Dark Split Sword)

HellFireHound

Question

So I've messed around with the weapon for a while, and put together this neat build for it. It's great for slam attacks and finishers, also for that aim glide spin attack to behead dudes. But I'm wondering can I make this even BETTER? I put Berserker on this because I can get that stat rolling in about two or three hits with the swords. Blood Rush definitely helps get me 5-7K red crits after 10 hits there after and then some. When it hits the 2.0 multiplier it can go between 8-11K red crit damage. Procs maybe every 4th or 6th hit, depends since I only have 33% status chance. GlhbDQ9.jpg

I can post a video of it in action too if anyone would like. I'm MR13 so I don't think I'll have access to great mods (unless MR doesn't affect super rare mod pick ups, still kinda a noob lol) Tell me what you guys think! And sorry if this is in the wrong section, not used to posting threads ^^;

12 answers to this question

I personally like to have a Primed Reach on my melees, more of a QoL enhancement. Your build looks identical to mine otherwise. (MR doesn't affect mod drops/rates, but Primed mods in particular are a bit more expensive, whether you get them from Baro Ki'Teer or from the Trade chat.)

Ah thank you! That debunks me and my friend's theory certain mod drops being tied to MR. I am curious though, what should be dropped to have that multiplier increased? Fury or Pressure Point? Fury I'd have to slide attack more but still get that damage in, but if I drop Pressure Point I can get that satisfaction of just insane attack speed; and when Organ Shatter is on there, what missions are best for its use? High level Corpus survival, void defense, etc..

Max out Blood Rush, drop either Fury or Beserker (you dont need both) swap out the status/elemtental mods for the pure elemental mods.

Keep an eye out for Primed Pressure Point when Baro comes again. Granted he might not have it for a long time but still, keep watch.

And perhaps most importantly, when youre able to get the Prisma Dual Cleavers instead. Theyre soooo much better for crits than almost anything other melee weapon at the moment.

7 minutes ago, HellFireHound said:

Wow, thanks for the advice. Gonna run with pure elemental and see how that goes. :D

You will also need to drop a forma or 2 in that weapon , id go with 2 V , cuz there is p fury and press point in game.

4 minutes ago, -DR-DangerRO said:

You will also need to drop a forma or 2 in that weapon , id go with 2 V , cuz there is p fury and press point in game.

Yeah I got two days until I get that login reward for P Fury. It is more relaxing with just elemental and 33% status chance, without fury I remember I have guns to use and not to spam my melee so much.

1 minute ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Primed Reach

Dual swords have very solid base range and hitboxes that work very well with primed reach. Being able to hit let's say 2 enemies instead of one already DOUBLES

So forget status, go for that raw elemental damage and range? Critical chance says for itself, so with Primed Reach I get two sword lengths versus one? That's almost insane, makes me wonder why people harp about it on the Wiki page o.o

8 minutes ago, HellFireHound said:

So forget status, go for that raw elemental damage and range? Critical chance says for itself, so with Primed Reach I get two sword lengths versus one? That's almost insane, makes me wonder why people harp about it on the Wiki page o.o

You do not need both Berserker and Fury. Simply replace Fury with Primed Reach. That should work with your current build without having to use anymore forma.

Edited by ----Fenrir----

Remove Body Count and replace it with Organ Shatter. Body Count is a crutch and you have to rebuild your combo counter anyway most of the time.

Change the elemental/status to pure elemental mods.

Last step you can take if your willing enough is to get a Primed Pressure Point.

Edited by Kaokasalis

Right, push for range, critical, and elemental. That does sound solid, gonna do a Void survival to see how that goes. Just a side note, if Body Count is a crutch what weapons should I slap it on? The more slower melees' like Galatine, Fragor, Scindo? Just naming some heavies off my head.