Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ONe Big Question

Baelfire11

Question

7 answers to this question

To be honest, this is one of those cases where either of them will be equally good. Hek gets the Scattered Justice mod which bumps up multishot (and therefore damage) and will also proc the Justice effect. Vaykor Hek bumps up the crit chance and can therefore be modded accordingly. Either way, both do a ton of damage when modded properly. Hek also has the advantage that it isn't locked behind MR12.

From my experience, Hek has the greater potential for raw damage, but Vaykor Hek has greater crit potential.

You really can't go wrong with either, but I prefer the Vaykor Hek, if only for the increased clip size. 

4 minutes ago, Haldos said:

From my experience, Hek has the greater potential for raw damage, but Vaykor Hek has greater crit potential.

You really can't go wrong with either, but I prefer the Vaykor Hek, if only for the increased clip size.

This is my thoughts on the two weapons pretty much verbatim.

However, I usually take the regular Hek if I'm fighting Grineer or Infested (Viral+Rad Heks are terrifyingly strong, Viral+Heat Heks make hamburger out of Infested), and I grab the Vaykor Hek for Corpus (they're generally easer to crit on, and the higher magazine size makes it easier to pop nullifiers).