Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is Best Build for AMPREX

arifk47

Question

Hello fellow Warframe player, recently i got amprex as my main weapon, but when using amprex i think this weapon has ammo issue like ammo depleted fast, and the damage is suck too, what build best for amprex??

I want amprex my last weapon (i mean high-level  enemy punisher weapon) and favorited weapon but when faced versus grineer, fossa, the amprex didn't damage them all...and of course can i ask a tip and trick using this weapon? it's my first time using the weapon that ammo deplete soo fast..

Thank you fellow Tenno...

12 answers to this question

Just now, Omega-Shadowblade said:

Crit build for starters. The stats for it make it perfect for that type of build.

so? which mod should i add? iam already use Rifle mutation mod and the ammo issue still same...

Well point strike and vital sense are nigh mandatory for it as it'll ramp up the damage immensely. It is also generally good at dealing status effects so for enemies like Grineer, I find mixing up some of the dual stat mods to get corrosive heat will help shred armor well. Also I personally use the range increase mod (can't remember off top of my head). Since it is a chain lightning weapon, increasing the jump range will really help in making sure you hit everything at once. There is no real cure for the ammo drain sadly, so I just make sure I bring a good backup weapon if I find i'm using too much.

Heavy Cal. also works wonders. It's my go-to gun on a Power built Banshee Sonar/Resonance as the links also have a chance to hit weak spots to spread the Sonar. So, Serration, Split, Crit mods, Heavy, the range mod (I forget it's name) and an elemental combo of your choice?

Amprex will need formas to maximize the damage and youll need:

ammo mutation

Base damage - Serration,splitchamber and heavycaliber

Critical hits - Poinstrike and vitalsense

Elemental damage-

Element for the void and Armored grineer enemies: Corrosive damage

Element for Grineer: radiation or viral if you have a squad consisting of 4 corrosive projection auras.

Element for corpus: magnetic and poison if possible. try gas and electric it might work aswell.

Note: if you think rifle ammo mutation is a waste of a mod slot then switch it out for something else and you will instead depend on ammo restore gears

5 hours ago, Lethalness said:

Amprex will need formas to maximize the damage and youll need:

ammo mutation

Base damage - Serration,splitchamber and heavycaliber

Critical hits - Poinstrike and vitalsense

Elemental damage-

Element for the void and Armored grineer enemies: Corrosive damage

Element for Grineer: radiation or viral if you have a squad consisting of 4 corrosive projection auras.

Element for corpus: magnetic and poison if possible. try gas and electric it might work aswell.

Note: if you think rifle ammo mutation is a waste of a mod slot then switch it out for something else and you will instead depend on ammo restore gears

Thanks for info lethal, so i must add all that mod or choose one? i mean which combination is best to attack both side (grin and corpus) without swapping mod between battle?

7 minutes ago, arifk47 said:

Thanks for info lethal, so i must add all that mod or choose one? i mean which combination is best to attack both side (grin and corpus) without swapping mod between battle?

I would suggest this build. The space at the end is up to you for combo element damage. I would suggest Infected Clip because Corrosive damage is resisted by very few enemies while Radiation is resisted by some Grineer and a lot of Corpus. Magnetic damage is resisted by a lot of Grineer even if it works well against Corpus enemies with bonus shield damage. Corrosive is always effective no matter the faction.

4 minutes ago, WrathAscending said:

I would suggest this build. The space at the end is up to you for combo element damage.

Uh, what? You can't make an elemental combo with one slot. You should remove a mod, I'd say remove shred. Always leave two slots for elemental damage unless you're doing something unusual like ips only.

13 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Uh, what? You can't make an elemental combo with one slot. You should remove a mod, I'd say remove shred. Always leave two slots for elemental damage unless you're doing something unusual like ips only.

The base damage type of the Amprex is Electricity.

You only need to add one more element to get a combo type out of it.

Shred is there because it increases the DPS and allows chains to arc back along themselves or through cover. I find it more useful than Sinister Reach.

Edited by WrathAscending

1 minute ago, WrathAscending said:

The base damage type of the Amprex is Electricity.

You only need to add one more element to get a combo type out of it.

Derp. It's late, I wasn't thinking. I've got 6 formas on mine but I don't remember my build.

Oh well, ignore me.   :)

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

I would suggest this build. The space at the end is up to you for combo element damage. I would suggest Infected Clip because Corrosive damage is resisted by very few enemies while Radiation is resisted by some Grineer and a lot of Corpus. Magnetic damage is resisted by a lot of Grineer even if it works well against Corpus enemies with bonus shield damage. Corrosive is always effective no matter the faction.

This is also my build, I agree with this Tenno. Of course if you have the primed version of Ammo Mutation it's even better.

Recently I tried to use Bladed Rounds instead of Shred but I noticed no major change in DPS, moreover having to aim all the time gets you killed when the enemies start to get stronger.

And if you don't mind using dozens of ammo restores per mission, you can replace ammo mutation by the range mod for rifles (forgot its name). But IMO the former is mandatory.

Standard mods for rifles - Serration, Split Chamber,

It has no accuracy so pile on Heavy Cal

max out criticals

don't worry about attack speed so pile on critical delay (partially alleviate the ammo issue)

Add Sinister Reach for room cleaning

The pile on Elemental Mods after those.

Should only take 4 Formas to do

Edited by Karamethien