The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Hope Future "events" Are Nothing Like This One....

Luxangel7

Maybe this event was necessary.

Personally, I loved almost every detail and choice they made for the Moa event.

Everyone complained about every little splinter they found in their fingernail during that event, completely ignoring the point of it, and in my opinion just disrespecting.

Can you see how awesome it was now?

it just dragged on, the complete first half of the defense can be skipped. Its just there to make new people think they have a chance tell it gets to the last ten waves and lvl70 units running around at the end.

Should have had high lvl planet versions that were just 10 waves and started units at 40 rather than 10ish

The number of mods that come out of 20+ waves may be nice, Yet the normal defense 5th level lock-ins make it a superior choice.

Edited by Firetempest

I enjoyed it. I can't think of many games that are so interactive with the community, make livestreams, do alerts, give away prizes, have login rewards, ect. I think DE are doing a great job so far and am curious as to what their next event is.

I think the long and the short of it was this "event" had zero effect on how I currently "play" this game day after day and by that I mean with the Alert twitter running in the background while I get some work done, watch some T.V. or play some other game. Just waiting on the randomness to tick in my favor and all I think it really did was lessen the chance I got an alert [?] I was really looking for and while I don't know if that was the case. It sure felt that way. The Moa event atleast had me out on Europa doing stuff right up to the point someone from DE told us we only needed to kill one to get the reward and so ended the rewarding part of taking part in the event. 

I don't want to get into my thoughts on the use of the alert system (and overuse of it and randomness as a whole to build roadblocks.) for this event other then to say I don't think it was a good idea.

Edited by Kiyote

I enjoyed it. I can't think of many games that are so interactive with the community, make livestreams, do alerts, give away prizes, have login rewards, ect. I think DE are doing a great job so far and am curious as to what their next event is.

A lot of BETA games make the same things, Warframe have his charm, the DE are cool but they have to bring High Level Content for high level players

This game atm = Farming :(

A lot of BETA games make the same things, Warframe have his charm, the DE are cool but they have to bring High Level Content for high level players

This game atm = Farming :(

I'm sorry you feel that way. I consider farming a mild part of the game. Most of my enjoyment comes from cooperative teamplay in a pve environment and seeing how far we can go and how much damage we can unleash.

I know everyone keeps bringing this up and comparing, but, i guess that's only because of how well it was done in Mass Effect 3 Multilayer weekend events.

They had:

1) Community goal - Kill X amount of Y enemy, or win X amount of Y type missions, or against a specific faction, ect.

2) Squad goal, win a single match against that faction, or a specific enemy, which would reward the playing squad for participating.

The community reward would be bigger and obviously much harder to achieve, and then squad goal would be easy.

This is actually much like the Fusion Moa event.

What you could do though, is have it affect us afterwards.

Event was vs. Infested.

Community wins - Infested enemies receive X more damage from fire in the next week, or ancients have reduced armor for the next week.

Community loses - increase spawn rate of ancients in infested missions, or stronger chargers, ect.

(Could also do this regarding drop rates.. We win, higher drop-rate for Thunderbolt. Lose, well, dont think it can get much lower... But you get the idea)

Anyway, we don't need a promise for a unique and special reward, just something we can use. We could get credits + a rare material pack containing 5x of 3 random rare mats, this is where we can be creative with rewards.

All in all, keep up these events, they can be really fun, and motivating.

I wouldn't mind this. It's a shame how BW, stopped the events though. D:

If this idea were to be implemented, the weekend events have to be spaced out evenly throughout each of the passing weeks, so that DE doesn't get super hand cramps (programming would probably take a lot of work), and guarenteed deadlines of [insert X] event. This gives them leniency for thoughts and updates, while allowing players to prepare for the next set of objectives.

That said, I wouldn't mind any of the events functioning like this, being an avid ME3MP player myself.