The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Nikana Prime should require mr 10 for using it.

ShocK.-

3 minutes ago, PapaFragolino said:

There is a progess system in the game, new players shouldn't be playing high level missions to begin with.

thats why sedna(i think?) has a simple lock that you have to build a MR 5+ weapon.. just had yesterday someone complaining in chat that he cant go to sedna because he is Mr 3.....

And another one..

Releasing your frustrations in one salty thread a day is sure to keep your stress levels at bay.

Personally I don't think they should do that unless they put a mastery lock in everything. Sorties can be done at either MR3 or 4. Do raids even have a MR lock? Syndicate weapons are stronger than primes. T4 void didn't have a MR (And I know we've all been in games where a MR 3-5 player starts saying "I'm too weak for this" "I keep dying" because their pleb guns made enemies look like bullet sponges after 15 minutes). There is no MR lock for those insane events like 1hr lvl 100 infested survival or events similar to that.  Don't allow low MR players to complete end game missions if they aren't allowed to have endgame equipment.

5 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

This is getting old but Logic doesn´t exists in Warframe not even in it´s own universe.

It's been pointed out several different times how DE could fix the logic and make everything make sense. It's not that complicated. Also, just because something doesn't make sense, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

8 hours ago, Kuestenjung said:

This is getting old but Logic doesn´t exists in Warframe not even in it´s own universe.

As someone else pointed out earlier though the concept of a progressive weapon scheme isn't real world logic. It doesn't exist in the real world and was created within video games to nurture a sense of achievement. 

16 hours ago, Khaine62 said:

Really, if DE is just going to make weapons that are better versions of others that are locked behind mastery, they should just drop Dragon Nikana's MR.

DE said they're going to retune all the weapon MR reqs at some point - probably when damage 3.0 hits. When that is, I don't know, but they have said that is the plan.

2 minutes ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

DE said they're going to retune all the weapon MR reqs at some point - probably when damage 3.0 hits. When that is, I don't know, but they have said that is the plan.

Sounds good. I just hope they don't go too overboard.

16 hours ago, TheMetrocop said:

how about..

no.

Actually as you have no counter argument as to why this shouldn't be locked it makes your point invalid. Give me a counter argument, give me a reason as to why players should grind to MR 8 to get the Dragon nikana that features lower slash damage, lower crit chance, and lower status chance. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)salovel1991 said:

Actually as you have no counter argument as to why this shouldn't be locked it makes your point invalid. Give me a counter argument, give me a reason as to why players should grind to MR 8 to get the Dragon nikana that features lower slash damage, lower crit chance, and lower status chance. 

Don't forget lower base damage, lower impact damage, and slightly lower attack speed.

18 hours ago, ShocK.- said:

Why is the point of having the dragon nikana in the game, or even the regular nikana? if you can buy the nikana prime with plat at any rank without mr xp requirements.
I said mr 10 because the dragon nikana requires mr 8. I remember when I started playing i thought "i want to be mr 8 now so i can get that sickass nikana!!", now you can buy a better version with plat...

Yes, because MR means "see how good I can play", rather then "see how good I can powerfarm Draco with a Saryn/Mesa/Mag/etc zero effort, sit in one spot specialized team build".

16 minutes ago, DSpite said:

Yes, because MR means "see how good I can play", rather then "see how good I can powerfarm Draco with a Saryn/Mesa/Mag/etc zero effort, sit in one spot specialized team build".

In this case MR would mean "see how much content of the game i have used". But it is a better reason than just turning the Dragon Nikana into mastery fodder, like it is right now.

On 18/08/2016 at 1:20 PM, Terror-Of-Death said:

But Prime weapons don't have MR requirements in general iirc. Why is the Nikana Prime such a special case? 

The thing is, Nikana Prime is MR 0. Rhino (the normal one) is MR 2 or 3 I'm pretty sure. It becomes obvious soon enough that they are allowing you to get the OP stuff without doing anything - no MR requirement. But to get the OP thing you have to pay. They just want you to buy things so they can make money, which is fair enough, considering the fact that the game is free and there are other ways to get that weapon.

On 8/18/2016 at 0:27 AM, Terror-Of-Death said:

By that logic, as another user has stated, then the Galatine Prime should be locked behind an MR12+ requirement. I wonder if users will be happy with that?

according to datamines (which I hope are correct in this regard) it's going to be MR 13