The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Warframe horror

Worckseer

When I think Infested, I think of just another enemy right now. However, I think to really nail home that true horror, that feeling of terror that old infested missions brought about we need to be forced to the ground.

Imagine jumping through a mission and suddenly an Infested Osprey just bursts around the corner and grabs you out of the air and pins you to the ground. You struggle, fighting against it to break free until at last you manage to grab your fallen gun and blow its innards out. You clamber to your feet and reload and you realize something.

That was only an Osprey. A small infested creature. If that little floating monster could pin you down, what could an Ancient do?

Really what I am getting at here is that we shouldn't fight numerous hordes of the infested. We should fight few, very tough, very strong enemies who all have the ability to take one of us down to the ground and pin us like a manic. Odds are, an entire ship isn't going to lie down and take being Infested. Every single one of them is going to fight back with every ounce of fear and frenzy that they have. It'd only make sense that about at least half the ship didn't get Infested but instead got blasted to bits by their friends before they too fell. I want each moment fighting the Infested to be stress inducing.

19 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

When I think Infested, I think of just another enemy right now. However, I think to really nail home that true horror, that feeling of terror that old infested missions brought about we need to be forced to the ground.

Imagine jumping through a mission and suddenly an Infested Osprey just bursts around the corner and grabs you out of the air and pins you to the ground. You struggle, fighting against it to break free until at last you manage to grab your fallen gun and blow its innards out. You clamber to your feet and reload and you realize something.

That was only an Osprey. A small infested creature. If that little floating monster could pin you down, what could an Ancient do?

If it'll help, I'll share my experience:

-Simaris tasked me with scanning Ancient Disruptors

-Go to Eris Capture mission (ez scans)

-Target shows up in a crowded hallway

-Charger knocks my Valkyr down every scan attempt

The problem with being pinned down is that more often than not it becomes annoying rather than scary: 'Downed again?! I could've killed them if I can move!" Maybe it shouldn't be overused or maybe it's because our frames are so tanky anyways?

Which brings me to your next quote:

19 hours ago, CaptainMinty said:

Really what I am getting at here is that we shouldn't fight numerous hordes of the infested. We should fight few, very tough, very strong enemies who all have the ability to take one of us down to the ground and pin us like a manic. Odds are, an entire ship isn't going to lie down and take being Infested. Every single one of them is going to fight back with every ounce of fear and frenzy that they have. It'd only make sense that about at least half the ship didn't get Infested but instead got blasted to bits by their friends before they too fell. I want each moment fighting the Infested to be stress inducing.

This is a good idea, if only most caster frames can have the same fighting chance to prevent the annoyance above :p (they rely on their abilities to survive)

On 18/08/2016 at 11:41 PM, JSharpie said:

Yeah, back in the day the infested were a real problem, and I often dreaded having to fight them for certain resources. You got better at the game and now plenty of enemies seem trivial.

I don't understand why people don't realize that the more you play a game, the easier it's going to get.

It's more then that. Id be terrified too of them, armed with a Braton, and nothing more then the old Mod system boosting the weapon.

Now we stick Primed Mods in everything and run Synoid Simulors.

We went from Sci-Fi Call Of Duty to Dungeon Defenders.

On ‎20‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, main_antagonist said:

Reminds me of the potential the infested had in one of my old threads O_O

These days I have my hopes set on infested mimic lockers :D

Sigh, they should really do this..

How often would they spawn and where, are the questions in my head though.. the Collector.

On August 18, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Roachester said:

Infested missions were actually legitimately terrifying some years ago. Most of that had to do with the music and atmosphere, though.

Not sure when or why they changed it into what it is today. Maybe I can find a video of it.

EDIT: Eh, best I could find.

I wonder if those two Tenno still play?