Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hello,my warframe asks for UDP ports 4950-4955 for no reason.

The4stmusketter

Question

25 answers to this question

Question, do you sometime cant see chat ingame? ( Sometime its your ISP fault for enforcing Strict NAT)

Taken from ancient post

Press the Start button and type "firewall" in the search bar and then click "Windows Firewall and Advanced Security". Then go to "Inbound", click "New Rule", select "Port", then select "UDP", and for "Specific Local Ports" put "4950, 4955". Then click "Allow Connection" and leave Domain, Private, and Public selected.

Edited by TheFalseEclipse

dont worry. it just a connection issue, its not gonna ruin your gameplay. however, low ping and bad connection will be faced sometimes.

i too had this problem, but it occurs rarely now.

If it happen to you again, you can try to restart or shut down your computer, unplug your router's power cable for 30-60 seconds and plug it back and turn on your computer back.

if it still occur, Warframe Support will be your next destination.

1 minute ago, The4stmusketter said:

I can,but first off it sends me to a clan one. Plus i cant invite.

Thank you very much for all your help.

What do you mean about sends you to a clan one?

also, yes, if you get this problem, you cant inviting people until this thing go away.

Just now, The4stmusketter said:

But i still have it to sometimes working even without the firewall port-forwarding.

Everytime the router restarted , it also place your computer to random spot on the ip address (if you arent the only one using the inet). For some reason even after you set it some of the address setting is still default from my experience, though you should have any gameplay issue

Edited by TheFalseEclipse

15 minutes ago, The4stmusketter said:

no,it is not

i shutted it down

If its windows firewall it will sound weird but when windows firewall is off he still does a part of is job so you must go and open your port anyway ^.^ 

I have this issue everyday at work ^.^ 

https://warframe.com/en/firewall

https://warframe.com/en/strictNAT

First, If you have disabled windows firewall you do not have to add a rule for port forwarding there. However, ensure you have UPNP enabled on the router and your laptop, if you are unsure how to do so use google, its fairly straight forward. Further it may help if you give your laptop a fixed ip on your network, you should be able to do this under the setting for DHCP.

Edited by HexCaliber
Words