Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do Titan Extractors ever harvest rare resources

Brendael

Question

I'm curious to know whether RNG is just being RNG or whether it just doesn't happen.

I have been farming Earth with Titans for about 2 weeks except for a few hours at night and have received no neurodes.

RNG or does the Titan just not mine them?

8 answers to this question

distilled extractors arent worth it because of them taking twice the time to extract  and as far as i know the extra rare chance to gather isnt even  30%

and even if it was 50% more you could still place two titan extractors in the time it takes for a distilled one , distilled however i think mine more  materials  at once  if you get lucky tho 

plus the fact that 50% wouldnt really help if rng is something like 5-10% as 5-10+50%= 7.5-15%

Edited by Retepzednem

They are worth it. Very much so.

The chance to extract rare resources isn't particularly high, but it is significantly better than titans. They also get more resources when they do hit the jackpot.

I generally don't retrieve extractors every cooldown, since it simply isn't possible with RL obligations, so that's a non-issue. If I have the opportunity to play 16 hours at a time I might lean towards keeping titans up, but that happens very rarely these days.

Distillers always get the nod, unless I need common resources.

I got rare resources from at least one Titan extractor out of three, for the past three days in a row.

To be fair, such a thing is very unlikely to happen since Titan extractors have something like a 2% chance of obtaining rare resources.

TL;DR: A Titan extractor is not a game changer but probably worth it since it doesn't require any maintenance cost.

Edited by NativeKiller