Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Warframe freezes every couple of seconds

Wilzom

So... I just logged on today to farm some relics before they get vaulted and this happened...

My Warframe freezes so often that it becomes unplayable. I have verified the game cache through steam, as well as through warframe. I have also optimized it through the "optimize" button through the warframe launcher. This is really frustrating because I have school and can't play much Warframe, so...

Anyways, I searched this up and found out that many have had the same problem as me. It got fixed for some by turning of the "Reverb" setting in audio (Settings), turning on V-Sync and so on. I tested all this and it still didnt work. I dont know why this started just today and would really like to get some help xd

By the way, I dont know if this is the right place to post this kind of stuff... If it isn't, then please redirect me to the place xd. I dont really know if this is a bug or just something thats wrong with my computer, so I just posted it here.

Wilzom

Edited by Wilzom

I guess ill just write it here (I pressed windows key + pause)

AMD A10-7850K Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G  3.99 GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB (this part is in swedish so i guess ill translate it?: "6,94 GB to use/available"

64-bit OS, x64 based processor

How do i check usage of ram and vram? xd sry im not that good at this kind of stuff...

EDIT: Is this what u meant? Again, im translating from swedish so it might sound weird XD but i think this is it...

Available graphicsmemory: 7424 MB

Dedicated videomemory: 4096 MB

Systemvideomemory: 0 MB

Shared systemmemory: 3328 MB

Edited by Wilzom

Stuttering like that usually happens because somewhere memory is lacking, but you seem to have enough. Try restarting your system and make sure no other applications are running. I don't have many more ideas as of now, I have a system with way less ram and runs fine.

Sorry for the late answer, I went to sleep (timezones I guess), but anyways, I only had Steam (for obvious reasons), Skype (talking to friends), and Warframe. Maybe I had some programs running in the background, like Avast and so on, but other than that I dont have any "weird programs". I usually have these programs, or even more, running while i play Warframe, and it usually works just fine. I will start up Warframe today and see if the problem is fixed. 

EDIT: Warframe still freezes... I have these programs running: Skype, Chrome, Steam, Battle.net launcher, Warframe, Avast. I will try to verify game cache first through steam, then in the launcher and then optimize the game. I have already done this but I dont know what I can do to fix it so I guess I have to try.

EDIT 2: I did everything that I wrote in my first edit, and when starting the game up it started lagging in the damn login screen. I would love to get some help because this is bugging me so much... I just want to play the new update...

EDIT 3: I uninstalled the damn game and installed it again. It still have 1 fps every 2 seconds, or even worse when I move around my camera alot. Please help guys :(

EDIT 4: I fixed it. I have 2 monitors and that was the problem. Disabling the 2 monitor fixed this issue completely. Warframes dual monitor support sucks huh... It's really sad, as I want to watch youtube for example while pressing 4 every 10 seconds while playing speed nova

Edited by Wilzom

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2016 at 6:38 AM, Wilzom said:

EDIT 4: I fixed it. I have 2 monitors and that was the problem. Disabling the 2 monitor fixed this issue completely.

Hi Wilzom,

I have gone ahead and moved this thread over to the PC performance forums. Are you still experiencing these freezes when trying to use two monitors? If so, could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? That way we can hopefully see what the engine is doing each time it freezes like this.

Thanks.

On 2016-08-31 at 5:23 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi Wilzom,

I have gone ahead and moved this thread over to the PC performance forums. Are you still experiencing these freezes when trying to use two monitors? If so, could you please submit a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? That way we can hopefully see what the engine is doing each time it freezes like this.

Thanks.

Yes it still lags when I have 2 monitors on at the same time, currently I have the second monitor off and it works just fine, however when I turn it on it immediatly starts lagging. I will now submit a support ticket. Does this happen to others too? With 2 monitors that is.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Wilzom