Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best primary for Titania?

Phyrak

Question

Hey there,

From what I've read - crit is what gives the dex pixia scaling > around 20k crits from what I've heard

What weapon would suit best?

Since it is naturally slash based (I think - with my test against sentients) 

Also - adding the use of a fire rate mod to up the dps due to slow firing

My thoughts are that of the dex syberis, burston p and soma p for the slash/crit scaling

Any a) alternative weapons to use that fit with titania's weapon scaling or b) a build that could suit any of those 3 weapons/which would be best for camping razorwing - that being fire rate/crit

Thank you,

-Phyrak

6 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Phyrak said:

Hey there,

From what I've read - crit is what gives the dex pixia scaling > around 20k crits from what I've heard

Since it is naturally slash based (I think - with my test against sentients) 

Also - adding the use of a fire rate mod to up the dps due to slow firing

My thoughts are that of the dex syberis, burston p and soma p for the slash/crit scaling

Any a) alternative weapons to use that fit with titania's weapon scaling or b) a build that could suit any of those 3 weapons/which would be best for camping razorwing - that being fire rate/crit

Thank you,

-Phyrak

Personally, if you've got it, I'd recommend Dread (125% Crit Chance with mods) for your crit scaling needs, and is primarily slash damage as well. The fire rate isn't exceptional, what with being a Bow, but it works.

From testing earlier today the crit frequency and status I was seeing was close to what you get on an unmodded normal Soma, so that serves as a reasonable basis to work from. It's an Exalted-type weapon so Acolyte mods don't work on it. Tainted Mag doesn't work either.

The zero Forma Soma/Soma Prime build I'd suggest is this. I found the 60 rounds in the clip to be a little low so Wildfire boosts that to 72 which I found pretty much ideal. You could use any other Dual-Stat mod in there too, I just like the pure Fire. If you're willing to drop 4 Forma, I found this worked wonders and was wrecking level 140 Simulacrum enemies quickly. There's enough room to trade Wildfire for Hellfire or Cryo Rounds too.

Her Razorwing melee doesn't appear to have much in the way of Crit or Status to work with so a raw damage build works best there AFAICT.

1 hour ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Personally, if you've got it, I'd recommend Dread (125% Crit Chance with mods) for your crit scaling needs, and is primarily slash damage as well. The fire rate isn't exceptional, what with being a Bow, but it works.

Interesting thoughts on the dread - time for more testing of crit v ele

1 hour ago, WrathAscending said:

From testing earlier today the crit frequency and status I was seeing was close to what you get on an unmodded normal Soma, so that serves as a reasonable basis to work from. It's an Exalted-type weapon so Acolyte mods don't work on it. Tainted Mag doesn't work either.

The zero Forma Soma/Soma Prime build I'd suggest is this. I found the 60 rounds in the clip to be a little low so Wildfire boosts that to 72 which I found pretty much ideal. You could use any other Dual-Stat mod in there too, I just like the pure Fire. If you're willing to drop 4 Forma, I found this worked wonders and was wrecking level 140 Simulacrum enemies quickly. There's enough room to trade Wildfire for Hellfire or Cryo Rounds too.

Her Razorwing melee doesn't appear to have much in the way of Crit or Status to work with so a raw damage build works best there AFAICT.

Good research

Shall check it out :)

6 hours ago, Phyrak said:

Interesting thoughts on the dread - time for more testing of crit v ele

I've found that element procs turn out better kill rates in higher-level areas myself, though crit builds work wonders against just about anything anyways.

Generally it'll take a bit of work, but I usually stack the four + element/+ status chance mods, then add multishot for that extra boost, and round it off with the generic +damage mod of choice. Admittedly, the multishot does nothing for Ignis' status chance, but it's got an 85% status proc chance per second once the element/status mods are stacked on.

Overall, it's down to preference, really.