Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vectis stealth nerf?

Floey

Question

Not sure if this was intentional or not since I couldn't find anything about it in the update notes.

When you fire the Vectis there's a brief delay before the gun automatically reloads itself. You could bypass that delay by tapping the reload key right after firing a shot, effectively shortening the time you had to wait between shots and manually increasing your fire rate. Since the update, it looks like that you can't do the instant reload trick anymore and actually have to wait for the gun to manually reload itself.

9 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Floey said:

Not sure if this was intentional or not since I couldn't find anything about it in the update notes.

When you fire the Vectis there's a brief delay before the gun automatically reloads itself. You could bypass that delay by tapping the reload key right after firing a shot, effectively shortening the time you had to wait between shots and manually increasing your fire rate. Since the update, it looks like that you can't do the instant reload trick anymore and actually have to wait for the gun to manually reload itself.

Reload cancelling was fixed, it's in the patchnotes:

• Fixed an issue where interrupting a reload wouldn't usually cancel the reload animation.

Yeah. I hate that kind of sneaky nerf. I hope it's just a bug.

It was fun to press the reload button after every shot. Felt more involved, like i was hitting the lever myself before pulling the trigger. Now it feels just like any other sniper to me.

But maybe that's just me. Regardless, if a change is intentional, it should ALWAYS be mentioned in the patch notes.

16 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Reload cancelling was fixed, it's in the patchnotes:

• Fixed an issue where interrupting a reload wouldn't usually cancel the reload animation.

I don't think it counts as reload cancelling. If anything, you're actually speeding up the weapon's reload since you're basically doing it before the gun does it for you.

7 minutes ago, Floey said:

I don't think it counts as reload cancelling. If anything, you're actually speeding up the weapon's reload since you're basically doing it before the gun does it for you.

Ah, I probably should have read more carefully.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if fixing reload canceling inadvertently also fixed vectis pre-reloading.

ahn... i liked to use it on my toxic chroma sancti tigris

it was good the feeling of the manual reload tricky, like exist on Gears of War series, when if you press the reload in right time, beyond you reload even faster, you earn extra damage, but if you make an great mistake, you lose few seconds with your gun jammed

5 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Ah, I probably should have read more carefully.

Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if fixing reload canceling inadvertently also fixed vectis pre-reloading.

Oh geez, well there goes an unexpected vectis QoL downgrade :\