Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I rushed so many incubations.. and what did you do??

Teshin_Dax

4 hours ago, texrei said:

People get angry around really nothing. It's crazy.

People are getting angry about having spent real money and what they purchased  (in a minor way) technically doesn't exist. It's relevant for those who bought it and cared about it.

I mean sure, DE can just roll with the "it's a beta" and "subject to change"

But if you BUY an egg salad sandwich and I give you a tuna and peanut butter sandwich instead, are you not going to complain?

15 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

People are getting angry about having spent real money and what they purchased  (in a minor way) technically doesn't exist. It's relevant for those who bought it and cared about it.

But if you BUY an egg salad sandwich and I give you a tuna and peanut butter sandwich instead, are you not going to complain?

It's just the whiskers, your cat didn't turn into a tuna or something. The look is the same except of a few hair they added.

You are dramatizing. Because DE attached whiskers. It's ridiculous.

24 minutes ago, hammerheathen said:

Its more like you bought an egg salad Sandwich and told them No tomatoes and they left it on anyway.  

Just now, texrei said:

It's just the whiskers, your cat didn't turn into a tuna or something. The look is the same except of a few hair they added.

You are dramatizing. Because DE attached whiskers. It's ridiculous.

I'm not dramatizing, I was providing an example of what the situation is. I don't have a cat, don't care about grinding for one right now. The principle is what is important here.

Cosmetics in video games are something people obsess over (as are stats, but that's not particularly relevant in this case). People pay. Typically and legally when cash has been exchanged for a service you generally can't alter it on a whim without notification or consensus. Even Minorly.

There has been a case of litigation where someone had to pay for damage caused by the loss of in game items because of their real world value. This creates legal precedence.

Now, I'm NOT saying people should take this that seriously. What I am saying is that it's a bad habit for DE to follow given the amounts of money that can flow around in plat equivalent (that someone actually paid for at some point, hence giving it real world value). People also shouldn't blindly accept alterations to service.

We aren't just beta-testers, we are customers. We pay money and lots of it. If you don't then you rely on those who do.