The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

An Update From Nvidia About 320.18 Drivers, Important For De To See

Dredj

I thought this might be important for users and DE, since the advice I have seen given for recent crashes posted here is to update TO these drivers. Update 8 and these drivers were released 1 day apart and I believe the crashes people are experiencing could be related.

"June 21st: Driver team continues to work on a new driver and has worked over the past few weekends to ensure the new driver is finished ASAP.
Several users sent their GPUs and systems in, and with those we have been able to reproduce the majority of the issues.
As soon as we have a fully functional driver it will be released. Once again, if you have an issue please roll back to 314.22 WHQL."

I thought this might be important for users and DE, since the advice I have seen given for recent crashes posted here is to update TO these drivers. Update 8 and these drivers were released 1 day apart and I believe the crashes people are experiencing could be related.

"June 21st: Driver team continues to work on a new driver and has worked over the past few weekends to ensure the new driver is finished ASAP.

Several users sent their GPUs and systems in, and with those we have been able to reproduce the majority of the issues.

As soon as we have a fully functional driver it will be released. Once again, if you have an issue please roll back to 314.22 WHQL."

After updating to the new drivers, every once in a while my system will totally freeze, requiring me to use my reset button. I dont like hard power cycling my machine...it makes me nervous. I traced the error back to the video drivers not responding, and rolled back my drivers. So far it hasn't locked again. Im curious though....Is this the kind of issues you were seeing also? I couldn't really see it having anything to do with Warframe, seeing as i never saw it lock up while playing, only afterwards (15-20 minutes after).

All just sounds like techy mumbo-jumbo to me Q.Q

But I take it something good is happening

320.18 drivers are not good and are causing a lot of instability, some games crash, some games are unplayable. Another frequent crash is with the drivers themselves stop responding.

So if you are having crashes with Warframe and you use these drivers, the drivers could be the reason why.

After updating to the new drivers, every once in a while my system will totally freeze, requiring me to use my reset button. I dont like hard power cycling my machine...it makes me nervous. I traced the error back to the video drivers not responding, and rolled back my drivers. So far it hasn't locked again. Im curious though....Is this the kind of issues you were seeing also? I couldn't really see it having anything to do with Warframe, seeing as i never saw it lock up while playing, only afterwards (15-20 minutes after).

I get Evolution Engine crashes with Warframe. Whether it's something with update 8 or the 320.18 drivers I don't know, 320.18 are the only official drivers the 700 cards can use, anything lower are not compatible.

320.18 drivers are not good and are causing a lot of instability, some games crash, some games are unplayable. Another frequent crash is with the drivers themselves stop responding.

So if you are having crashes with Warframe and you use these drivers, the drivers could be the reason why.

Ahh, oki! Luckily not been having many crashes <3

i do aswell! lost the forma at last alert and my one and only hate drop through that damn crashes....

lowering the gfx details will help too it seems

i lowerd it and since 2 days no crash with 320.18

Edit: lowerd means in this case worst gfx setting u can do

Edited by Black_ScOrpion01

I thought this might be important for users and DE, since the advice I have seen given for recent crashes posted here is to update TO these drivers.

We have been monitoring potential crashes with this specific driver for quite some time now. From what I can recall none of our in-house PCs have experienced any issues with the 320.18 drivers, however I did notice a decrease in overall performance in a number of games running on my home PC. 

This is why I have suggested everyone try rolling back their GPU drivers to a version that did not crash. It should be considered one of the first essential tests when you are certain that it's your GPU causing the system crashes.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64026-diagnosing-system-crashes/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/53378-game-crash-repeatedly-causes-gfx-driver-to-crash/?p=714250

Additionally, if anyone experiences Evolution Engine crashes then I recommend either opening a support ticket or posting the WAR-#### associated with that crash on the forums, whether it be here or in the General Bugs subforum (not both). It helps to get as many eyes on those crashes as possible.

http://support.warframe.com/

Edited by DE_Dmitri

That's cool, Dmitri.

I can't roll back to any other driver with my GTX 780, but when I do get another Evo Engine crash I'll take the number/s and forum PM them directly to you if you prefer. 

Just a heads up --

It looks like Nvidia has just released a new set of 320.49 beta drivers and they claim to fix some of the stability issues associated with the 320.18 drivers. I should note that these are BETA drivers and should be used at your own risk, but if you feel confident enough to use them then please feel free to. 

Just a heads up --

It looks like Nvidia has just released a new set of 320.49 beta drivers and they claim to fix some of the stability issues associated with the 320.18 drivers. I should note that these are BETA drivers and should be used at your own risk, but if you feel confident enough to use them then please feel free to. 

Thanks for keeping us Updated Dmitri!

I had my own Issues with the 320.18 drivers that i dont think were even related to Warframe....So ill wait till the official ones come out. But This post may end up a lifesaver for others. Good Job :)

New drivers released yesterday, 320.49. They are the release drivers for the GTX 760 and reports are also saying they are the beta drivers to fix the 320.18 drivers, just WHQL certified now.