Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apology For Artifact Fail

Vitalidad

Wow, I royally screwed two other players and myself a several minutes ago. So If you happen to be the Frost or Ash that lost out on the artifact on wave 25, just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I just didn't see that last guy and that both of you were down.

I just thought it was over, celebrating prematurely. After all that fighting...

When I saw one of you go down, I just went for the revive since I though the last enemy had just died or that the Frost was killing it. However, I was wrong. With a burst from his* rifle, he took out the artifact faster than I could get my Latron to stun/slow him down. Would I have killed him in time even if I had seen him before going to revive? Unlikely, but I'll never know because I didn't try.

I'm Really sorry about that. 

-Vitalidad

(Banshee)

*I now despise one unit in the game and that is the "Tech" .

Not as bad as the one Fail dude i had

so we got this map where the pod is in the middle of everything and i had banshee on when i  did it

my teammates were: A Saryn Who never used ULT for some reason , 2 Excals, one was rank 11 and was pro...the other was a rank 1...

so yeah we started and did fine till wave 15

the rank one kept dying and we all told him to stay together with us then he said " You guys are noobs i got this by myself"

later he died 3 times and used his revives

then the saryn went into a BIG mob of infested but never used ULT.....he got down, Rank pro 11 guy went to Rev.....down too

i was like "Oh dam i can only save one of them if i cloak with my shade....but what about pod?"

i saw the rank 1 guy in the pod and i was thinking he was at least good enough to defend it for 15+ secs meanwhile i go help rank 11(Saryn had died already)

so yes i went to rev him.....result? we lost because the rank 1 couldnt even kill 1 charger

you guys might think "Its ok, he's rank 1 new to the game" But then before leaving i saw " OMFG YOU GUYS ARE NUBS CANT AIM FOR SHIS AND NEVER PORTECT POD"

That's not too bad. I was camping artifact on the grineer defense with Nyx and managed to keep it safe for 25 waves. The other 3 in my party stood next to the artifact, so I decided to go get some mods and a napalm shot it twice and we lost.

To this day I still don't know why 3 people are so incompetent to use powers or their guns.

I got all 3 artifacts, but on my journey I had one particularly horrible match.

Defense on a grineer gallieon. I was with an Ash who had Hate and a Banshee who must have been level 5 or something. The Banshee tried to stick with the artifact, but kept getting downed while the Ash lone wolfed far away at one of the other spawn points for the entire game. I was able to hold the line by myself till about wave 12 where the artifact's health went to 34%. I told everyone to get the F*** over to the objective. The banshee runs headlong into the first mob, gets downed, and the Ash spent the entire wave trying to revive him, continuously getting knocked down, while I was getting swarmed. The round ended with the pod having 1% health. The Ash says "And that's what happens when you cluster around the pod"........They all ran off as soon as the next round started and we lost about 18 seconds later. 

Edited by RaptorShinRyu

*snip*

...The banshee runs headlong into the first mob, gets downed, and the Ash spent the entire wave trying to revive him, continuously getting knocked down, while I was getting swarmed. The round ended with the pod having 1% health. The Ash says "And that's what happens when you cluster around the pod"........They all ran off as soon as the next round started and we lost about 18 seconds later. 

Not as bad as the one Fail dude i had

*snip*

... you guys might think "Its ok, he's rank 1 new to the game" But then before leaving i saw " OMFG YOU GUYS ARE NUBS CANT AIM FOR SHIS AND NEVER PORTECT POD"

Thanks for sharing the stories. I got a laugh out of the two. =D  (I know the feeling though... -.-)

Any one else?

That Banshee must of been very low level. I didn't take mine to a defense mission until I had Max Sonic Boom. That and a Frost's snow glove makes it so easy to keep the pod/artifact clear of enemies. Snow glove is a must though, Banshee is rather fragile vs 50+lvls. (sans high level mods)

-----

Just to share the context of where, what, whom. Didn't want to share it along the main post, it would of killed the point.

We were in the tile set of the Snow Mountain side. Still all 3 huddle up around artifact, it was wave 25 when I scanned for the enemy. A few looks after I realize we must have the last 1-3 left. I see one pop out, left side of the Tower building. I go after it quickly, took care of it while Ash joins me. Enemy is done, I scan the area from back there (the platform furthest from the mountain). I see nothing so I proceed to type thanks and you guys are awesome (thinking just killed the last one) when the next thing I see is a red cross back at the pod.

I run back, find nothing but the downed Ash. Still very happy from the win, I look down and revive him. At that point I realize that the frost is not with the pod.(no snow globe) I then notice the artifact's health @ 50 or so. I look around quickly, aborting revive, when I look up to the enemy spawn point up the mountain. All I see are the bullets soaring past me to the artifact along with the Frost's red cross near the enemy. I didn't even get to ADS. Just 2 out of 3 for me this weekend. 

Edited by Vitalidad

I know that feel bros…

My story: it was a dark and…

2 Excal

1 Loki

1 Frost

Corpus Defence

2 Excal, 1 Loki have to protect pod while ‘Dudebrabroman’ Frost charges way off on his own fighting solo, sporadically casting snow globe with no apparent understanding of why we’re all screaming at him to keep it up…

We made it…

But Frost ‘Dudebrabroman’  y u need 2 b such a dud?

Edited by StabbyTentacles

I was in an Corpus artifact defense just now.

The host and I were Lokis, while the other 2 players kept disconnecting.

20 Waves. Once we were down to 16 more, I noticed the host AFK'ing somewhere. I typed into chat to notify the team, he replied by reassuring me he's not AFK. Then, once we were down to 9 more, I notified my new team (The last ones were disconnected) that the host was AFK. He did not reply. Once we got to 6 waves left, I snapped and Switch Teleported him to the artifact to use him as a decoy. He didn't complain. When the wave started, he was very useful... until he died together with me and someone else. The last survivor focused on reviving the AFK. That's when we failed.