The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Host migration - lost mission reward and void relic

(PSN)SergioMApt

As I was doing some void fissure missions the following happened to me: someone not pleased with his reward decided to rage quit (I guess he was the game session host). This resulted in a host migration screen that ended returning players to their orbiter's cockpits. The reward was lost and the void relic too.

This "host migration" is happening frequently in the begining of missions when players are not happy with the relics others are carrying since you don't lose your relic when aborting missions.
This is not good.

Thank you for your time. Greetz,

S.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah same thing happened to its a problem that definitely needs to be fixed but since people can rely on another player's reward it doesnt happen too often.

It seems like host migrations just completely break the game in void missions. I've had a host migration mid game that caused my game to break. I could still move around but i could not go through doors that were automatic. This has happened to me twice.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, xarvh said:

I just received a message containing the relic rewards.
My hat to you DE!

I've heard of that feature which is a very nice one!

I don't know if we have that in consoles yet.

The last time I had an host migration issue, I think the prime parts I had won during the mission were added to my inventory... not sure though.

Oh wow... thats a big minus for me now... a really big minus with an underline and bold. And i have to put in another minus with italic.

I just had a pretty long excavation session. With pretty long i mean, i lost 6 radiant meso void relics + all the mission rewards and the complete life time because some host migration fails. Thats very very frustrating and probably will kick my motivation out of the game for some days/weeks/months..../yeaaars, of course you will lose the opportunity to get any more revenue from me within that time...

Uh okay, sounds a little bit dramatic, so don't take it too serious. But i will be going to bed really frustrated, i will be frustrated at my job (same as my motivation), my boss will find out and fire me and then... guess what? I will have more time to farm these meso void relics and get this part i'm looking for! Wait, i'm my own boss...

Please figure out something to avoid that frustration, seems a failing host migration always can happen (and it does), so maybe you can at least give back the cracked open relics in that case (even if this may be some open portal for cheating)?

Good night and well, good job with the game anyway, i just was... a little bit frustrated, you know?

• 3 months later...

Well 10 times ive had a host migration and nobody is leaving just the game is broken right now took me 6 times to do 1 sortie mission because either me or other players keep getting booted and come back in its freaking broken right now can we fix this please.

• 1 month later...

This same issue just happened to me 15-20 minutes ago on a neo relic void survival. After the third cycle there was an abrupt host migration that ended up dropping me back onto my Liset. I was able to rejoin, but my previous progress wasn't saved or returned. As result, I've lost three rare drops and a radiant relic. Its not very encouraging to spend so much time in this game getting traces and relics only to potentially get them taken away from you at any moment.

Just happened to me lost an O1 Meso relic and a Forma for a reward. Had this same problem twice months ago in January. Went on a short hiatus after that.

During the part where we select our prime reward for opening relics. Host migration at the last second. Checked for relic and forma in the Orbiter, lost forma and the relic I used. Not big loss but the potential for a big loss is much.

Nevermind. I got the forma after doing another mission, guess the game needed to updated. Sorry for the hate and doubt. Thanks and keep up the good work DE.

Edited by (PS4)HARiReaver26

just happend to me i lost 1 key and my dual kamas blade yay ill try to make a video of it and post it on here ( Sorry for bad quality and my audio had an annoying sound problem so i deleted the sound from the vid)

Edited by (PS4)N1elsgamer
posting an extra link

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First time this happened to me tonight. On Cetus, just finished the Plague Star bounty after about 20 minutes. On my way back to the base when Host Migration... data mismatch check cache message. Lost all mission rewards, and at least a dozen mods and weapon level progression. Not a lot of trust in this game at the moment. Very frustrating.

You would think after 3 years of seeing these messages from players, DE would have done away with host migration issues completely. Every other matchmaking game I play, like Destiny for example, has absolutely no problem when it comes to hosts leaving. It's absolutely seamless. Get on board DE.