Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Counterpart Frames

Psychotoxin

so there was this talk of genderswapping being a no-go, and then somewhere on the forums i read an idea that the shape of a frame determines its powers/abilities (so boobs have more of an impact on the frame, than just looks), and that got me thinking - what if there were an opposite gender frame that would use the same element, but have different powers.

so here are my ideas (no power and damage numbers yet on most of these):

Blaze - the Ember counterpart (name is taken from someone on the forums suggesting it. don`t remember who it was)

Abilities:

Flame wave - Blaze does a conical flame blast in front of him.

Flame coating - Blaze covers himself in fire and smoke, allowing him to evade any incoming attacks for a short period of time.

Flamethrower - Blaze projects a continuous stream of fire from his palms allowing for precise fire attacks.

Fire bird - Blaze jumps up in the air and causes an explosion centered on him, that deals damage based on the distance from the blast.

Glacier - the Frost counterpart

Abilities:

Ice armor - Glacier covers herself in ice which makes her invincible, till the armor is broken off or melts away.

Icy feet  - Glacier freezes all enemies in a radius, preventing them from moving. All enemies take minor damage, but can still attack.

Frost tomb - Glacier Freezes an enemy causing the target to take major damage. if the target dies while frozen, it explodes into ice shards and damages other nearby enemies.

Spike nova - Glacier slams the ground, making a wave of ice spikes shooting up from the ground around her in a ripple-like motion, damaging and slowing anyone who touches the spikes.

Ampere (Amp) - the Volt counterpart

Abilities:

Frequency - Amp changes the vibration frequency of her shields, turning her invisible to everyone for a time, and taking a damage equal to half of her shields when the invisibility ends.

Shock-port - Amp teleports herself to target location, and causes a shockwave upon appearing. The shockwave knocks nearby enemies down, and deals shock damage to them.

Supercharge - Amp supercharges her teams shields, doubling the shield strength. the shields don`t recharge past their normal maximum.

Zap trap - Amp makes tiny shock traps appear randomly around her in a radius, these traps appear in clusters, and damage/stun anyone nearby.

Tesla - the Mag counterpart

Abilities:

Magnetize - Tesla magnetizes the targets armor causing them to move slowly and and taking damage while moving.

Jam - Tesla magnetizes enemy weapon magazines, causing them to either explode and damage nearby enemies, or jam and forcing a prolonged reload.

Shield discharge - Tesla overloads the enemies shield generator, causing them to take damage equal to double the shield strength.

Gravitational anomaly  - Tesla slams the ground, forcing the enemies to fall down and stick to the ground. Shielded enemies take continuous damage until their shields are gone. Tesla is invulnerable for the duration of the skill, but can`t attack as well.

So what are your ideas and thoughts?

EDIT: So it`s either BBYiffo or GottFaust (or someone else, that i haven`t noticed) who came up with the "Blaze" name. at least it looks like it. hope no one`s insulted and if anyone is - don`t be, won`t change much if you`re insulted...

Edited by Psychotoxin

It's pretty much what they were already planning, HOWEVER it's nice to see some suggestions for the potential counterparts. 

Also, wonder what power breasts offer compared to a pair of stones...well, aside from the obvious jokes including 'free drinks and speeding ticket immunity' 

On principle, the overarching idea is good and reflects what DE said previously. Detailed suggestions on abilties aren't necessarily required, though. If I am not entirely crazy (which can be doubted), DE would save themselves some development time if they would do that. That doubles frame count and addressed the gender-swap advocates.

If "male fire frame" and "Ember" would each have two unique abilities and two shared abilites, that'd be even cooler. Let's say, Ember is exclusive to World on Fire and Overheat, but Fireball and Fireblast can be shared, whereas "Blaze" keeps his ult and utility, but shares his spam and AoE ability, so you can mix and match, yet retain a unique feel to the frames.

i thought thats kinda the whole idea. DE has talked about having the alternate gender do different powers.

Well i don`t remember seeing anything specific related to this, so i just posted my idea... maybe i`ve missed them giving out the specs and deets of this exact topic...

IF they decide to implement gender variations for all the Warframes, I'd much rather that they be copy'n'paste jobs with boobs/balls

I mean, let's face it guys: it's difficult enough to keep the Warframes and their abilities balanced beside one another... without DOUBLING the list of available Warframes and abilities.

Besides, I can see one problem right away. The Nyx. Her body is already the female version of the Excalibur. So... if there was a female Excalibur, what would she look like?

Besides, I can see one problem right away. The Nyx. Her body is already the female version of the Excalibur. So... if there was a female Excalibur, what would she look like?

Well i myself already assume nyx to be the counterpart to excal...

thanks. now i can actually give credit where it`s due, even if it is just a name... :)

thanks. now i can actually give credit where it`s due, even if it is just a name... :)

No prob. I hate being like, I know I read that somewhere. Drives me nutz.

Why? She has absolutely nothing in common whatsoever with the Excalibur - she's lighter, faster, and has a completely different ability set >.<

Why? She has absolutely nothing in common whatsoever with the Excalibur - she's lighter, faster, and has a completely different ability set >.<

Excal is physical, Nyx is mental. Excal is male, Nyx is female. Excal is primarily damage, Nyx is primarily utility. Nyx is a complete counterpart of Excal, not just the gender thing. That`s my reasoning. I never implied anyone else should follow this train of thought as well...