Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halo 5: Forge Steam Group

Torhque

With the official release date of Halo 5 for Windows 10 (it's free!) announced (Sept 8th), I've been considering the creation of a Steam Group to bring together all the folks interested in running Custom Games together. 

Warframe Forums are one of the few that I visit, so I figured it was a good place to gauge interest lol. Any Halo fans here that played some fun/wacky/ridiculous Custom Games back in the day? I want to include as many as possible for variety and entertainment. I already have some in mind, but I know there are more

Here is a link to the Steam Group. I just put it together, and I plan to make it look better soon. But yeah:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Halo5Forge

Edited by Torhque
Updated with Steam Group link

19 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Hold up...there's gotta be a hook to that. Where's the catch?

Lol the catch is really just that we only get the Forge mode (it's just the mapmaker feature) and the ability to make Custom Game lobbies.

We don't get the Campaign, proper Matchmaking, or the Theater function (which is just a video playback/recording feature. I'm not sure if Halo 5 has it, actually lol).

1 minute ago, Naith said:

Why is it free?

Thought the Halo series was one of their main cash cows?

See my response to Sky above you. I think they expect PC players to become another channel for content creation (through Forge) for their console folks, but I have my own plans for fun/wild Custom Games haha

1 minute ago, Torhque said:

Lol the catch is really just that we only get the Forge mode (it's just the mapmaker feature) and the ability to make Custom Game lobbies.

We don't get the Campaign, proper Matchmaking, or the Theater function (which is just a video playback/recording feature. I'm not sure if Halo 5 has it, actually lol).

Will there also be a proper version? Otherwise I'm not gonna bother

12 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Will there also be a proper version? Otherwise I'm not gonna bother

I doubt it. All we get is Forge, and the option to host Custom Game lobbies.

Fair enough though. I just wanted to get the word out since the Steam Group is my work-around for the lack of proper matchmaking.

2 minutes ago, Torhque said:

I doubt it. All we get is Forge, and the option to host Custom Game lobbies.

Fair enough though. I just wanted to get the word out since the Steam Group is my work-around for the lack of proper matchmaking.

oh well, maybe I'll give it a shot with friends

• 2 weeks later...

It's out, it's fun, and it runs so well.

Please hop on if you're interested. The Steam Group has an Announcement on how to get it. It also has our Discord for reaching out and connecting with us. We are going to be playing throughout the evening, so just drop in and see what we're up to.

I'm the admin, so let me know if anyone is being rude or griefing things.

On 8/25/2016 at 7:25 AM, Torhque said:

well this is disappointing for me. I thought it was all of halo 5 that was coming to PC. not just forge.

custom game modes are a nice thing,but they aren't enough to make me want to get it.

especially since I was mainly looking forward to the basic multiplayer and campaign. 

On 9/11/2016 at 1:45 AM, Agentcheese said:

-snip-

You're not missing much with the campaign. You can watch it on YouTube and be fine haha

Lack of matchmaking sucks, but the Custom Games Server browser will help a ton. It's not out yet, but it has been confirmed. I've still been hosting full lobbies of sixteen since launch, and I have been having an absolute blast. I haven't had this much fun in a long time.

Edited by Torhque