Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reduce the "miss" cost of Bladestorm to 50

Nazrethim

15 hours ago, JonBenj said:

Just a couple of points - Smokescreen grants .4 if i'm not mistaken and Teleport has extended range and faster cast time - Teleport works great as an escape: At a point where an enemy is hosing you, and you cast Teleport to remove aggro and disorientate the player for a tactical retreat.

Certainly not invalidating your opinion - as these abilities are very situational and are somewhat of a risk in their application.

Teleport is a pretty difficult ability to use for escape. I use to use Ash P a lot and it definitely was not the easiest thing to do. Not saying that it can't be done or there aren't players out there who are really good at using it for escape just saying that in general it's not an easy ability to use for escape. Kudos to you if you use it effectively and regularly.

I absolutely do not think bladestorm needs special treatment on miss. Ultimate abilities should be calculated decisions with penalties for missing (losing all your energy!). If ash is left with 50 energy after a missed bladestorm, that allows 2x casts of shuriken immediately after a missed ult. If you miss, take the penalty.

Ash bladestorm does not require pinpoint aim and has a very generous softlock. See my reference thread here.

Some of the myths portrayed about bladestorm are ridiculous and need to be dispelled forever.

Edited by Pythadragon

9 hours ago, Pythadragon said:

I absolutely do not think bladestorm needs special treatment on miss. Ultimate abilities should be calculated decisions with penalties for missing (losing all your energy!). If ash is left with 50 energy after a missed bladestorm, that allows 2x casts of shuriken immediately after a missed ult. If you miss, take the penalty.

Ash bladestorm does not require pinpoint aim and has a very generous softlock. See my reference thread here.

Some of the myths portrayed about bladestorm are ridiculous and need to be dispelled forever.

I can only say that this doesn't always work in reality. We have lots of experienced players with many, many hours in conclave who don't feel this is consistently the case in conclave. Now either everyone is lying and called each other to make the same stuff up or its simply not consistently working like the way it works. I just tried bladestorm again myself last night in an FFA match and it was not working. I'm not sure if it's because xbox is behind you guys but I'm telling you the ability is not consistent. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

I can only say that this doesn't always work in reality. We have lots of experienced players with many, many hours in conclave who don't feel this is consistently the case in conclave. Now either everyone is lying and called each other to make the same stuff up or its simply not consistently working like the way it works. I just tried bladestorm again myself last night in an FFA match and it was not working. I'm not sure if it's because xbox is behind you guys but I'm telling you the ability is not consistent. 

No, it's because the ability doesn't work exactly as Pythadragon says and because unlike other AoE ultimates Bladestorm is VERY affected by lag, sometimes not registering a succesful cast even though your target was on your crosshairs and at about 2m of you.

As usual, DE f*cked up the ability when the time to tone it down came and they listened to the "Nerf it" crowd instead of the actual users who DID gave solutions that didn't make the ability s*ck, like adding LoS component (only painting red additional targets that were on your LoS) and reducing the red paint radius from the 10m it had to about 5m. The ability didn't need to be reduced to pointblank and the damage reduced for no rhyme or reason.

Edited by Nazrethim