Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do you think of this Nekros build?

(PSN)Karelxss

Question

Im looking to make a good nekros build for some hard content and i planned on running him with arcanes. I was thinking of this setup
Nekros: corrosive projection,power drift, vitality, health conversion, blind rage, equilibrium, despoil, SoS, primed continuity, and stretch. I was also going to run a full arcane grace set because i have one and i was going to do a full arcane energize fot the sustain. The weapons i were going to run would be Vaykor Hel, Alstiletto prime and nikana p. Let me know what you think or what i should change

13 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

Im looking to make a good nekros build for some hard content and i planned on running him with arcanes. I was thinking of this setup
Nekros: corrosive projection,power drift, vitality, health conversion, blind rage, equilibrium, despoil, SoS, primed continuity, and stretch. I was also going to run a full arcane grace set because i have one and i was going to do a full arcane energize fot the sustain. The weapons i were going to run would be Vaykor Hel, Alstiletto prime and nikana p. Let me know what you think or what i should change

I heard atterax as melee is good for farming with nekro but didn't tryed it.

looks like a good build to me :) 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Karelxss said:

the build of nekros is good ..i would make another one similar with primed flow instead of stretch...i run arcan pulse on helmet and grace on syndana but could also do 2 x grace set on it...

Corrosive Projection / Power Drift

Vitality / Health Conversion / Blind Rage / Equilibrium

Despoil / Shield of Shadows / Primed Continuity / Stretch.

1) Stretch is going to feel kind of small. This puts Terrify at 20m and Desecrate at 35m. To compare, Thief's Wit shows pickups on your radar at 42m range. Enemy Radar shows you enemies at 30m range. Tenno affinity sharing icon range is 50m.

2) Maxed out Blind Rage will make Shadows of the Dead cost 155 power but Nekros only has 150 max power. You'll need to keep that at 9/10 or less, or bring Flow. I think Nekros Prime has higher base power and could run maxed Blind Rage though.

3) If you're already using Blind Rage I don't think Power Drift is worth a slot for just 15%. I'd change that to the Cunning Drift (Desecrate -> 40m) or handspring. I've never tried Natural Talent on him, but if that works with his powers I bet it'd be nice since there's lots of incentive to recast SoTD now. Lots of better options than Power Drift.

Edited by VKhaun

That is my exact build for my nekros. I approve, I run arcane pulse because of how easy it is to proc plus they heal everyone including my Carrier and they are also cheaper. I have an arcane energize but so far I have not needed the extra energy.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

21 minutes ago, (PS4)maso_sage-mode said:

the build of nekros is good ..i would make another one similar with primed flow instead of stretch...i run arcan pulse on helmet and grace on syndana but could also do 2 x grace set on it...

Yeah i was think about the flow im gonna try out both to see which setup i like more

21 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

Corrosive Projection / Power Drift

Vitality / Health Conversion / Blind Rage / Equilibrium

Despoil / Shield of Shadows / Primed Continuity / Stretch.

1) Stretch is going to feel kind of small. This puts Terrify at 20m and Desecrate at 35m. To compare, Thief's Wit shows pickups on your radar at 42m range. Enemy Radar shows you enemies at 30m range. Tenno affinity sharing icon range is 50m.

2) Maxed out Blind Rage will make Shadows of the Dead cost 155 power but Nekros only has 150 max power. You'll need to keep that at 9/10 or less, or bring Flow. I think Nekros Prime has higher base power and could run maxed Blind Rage though.

3) If you're already using Blind Rage I don't think Power Drift is worth a slot for just 15%. I'd change that to the Cunning Drift (Desecrate -> 40m) or handspring. I've never tried Natural Talent on him, but if that works with his powers I bet it'd be nice since there's lots of incentive to recast SoTD now. Lots of better options than Power Drift.

Im fine with the 35m desecrate because im going to be mobile and nekros prime have more than the 155

24 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

That is my exact build for my nekros. I approve, I run arcane pulse because of how easy it is to proc plus they heal everyone including my Carrier and they are also cheaper. I have an arcane energize but so far I have not needed the extra energy.

How is the survivability with these build?

17 minutes ago, VKhaun said:

With only Blind Rage, you get 83.58% damage reduction from Shield of Shadows. With both Blind Rage and Power Drift, you get 89.88% damage reduction. While that may not seem like much of a difference when you word it this way, look at it the other way around.

With only Blind Rage, you take 16.42% of incoming damage, which is equivalent to 6.09x effective health. With both Blind Rage and Power Drift, you take 10.12% of incoming damage, which is equivalent to 9.88x effective health. I think Power Drift is entirely deserving of a mod slot.

It's fine, I have carrier to pick up all my health orbs. I was doing grineer survival up to level 110 and didn't go down once, you just have keep refreshing those shadows which can be a bit of a pain. I will see how much higher I can go with him.

9 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

It's fine, I have carrier to pick up all my health orbs. I was doing grineer survival up to level 110 and didn't go down once, you just have keep refreshing those shadows which can be a bit of a pain. I will see how much higher I can go with him.

Thanks im gonna give it a try what weapons do u tend to run?

Edited by (PS4)Karelxss

I mainly use sancti Tigris, the damage and proc are really nice, sometimes I swap it for the kohm. Will probably be using tigris prime for a bit since its new. Pistols use a lot of different things like Telos Akbolto, Veykor Meralok, Sonicor,  etc. As for melee I am now using Galantine Prime.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I mainly use sancti Tigris, the damage and proc are really nice, sometimes I swap it for the kohm. Will probably be using tigris prime for a bit since its new. Pistols use a lot of different things like Telos Akbolto, Veykor Meralok, Sonicor,  etc. As for melee I am now using Galantine Prime.

Alright thanks for your help