The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Preventing One Rusher From Ruining It For Everyone

CaptainHammer

OK, so maybe I am the only one who has ever had this happen. I am farming a boss but some jerk joins in and just speeds through the level. My farm is not so fast but he aggros every room and I have to trudge through while he zips ahead, kills the boss and then speeds to the end. The waypoint for the boss is gone, I can’t find the room and I ether have to rush to the exit or lose my credits.

This was really getting to me and a few others. This guy would ruin it for the group of us. Then a wonderful thing happened, he hit a door that requires more than one person to open. We made the SOB wait for a good long while.

This gave me an idea. All doors leading to bosses should require more than one person to open. This works out well for everyone. Rusher can’t ruin it for a group that doesn’t feel like rushing, and a group that’s really rushing will have more than one person in the lead.

"OK, so maybe I am the only one who has ever had this happen."

lol

No. You're really not.

And to be honest, your suggestion is solid... though I suspect you'll very quickly get some "WE PLAY HOW WE WANT" mouth-frothing zeal thrust at you for daring to suggest such a thing.

But some sort of boss-starting limit would be nice. I mean, the Jackal won't start at all until everyone is in the room. So why are the others still open to abuse?

In reality, change the exit waypont from a diamon with a ! to a diamond with an E.  Leave the boss waypoint up.

Or, you could you know, not play online?  And play with your friends who apparently think just like you do for boss farming?

Pretty nifty idea, I'd support that.

I play fast, really fast, as in, Most people can't keep up with how fast i kill, even when all they are doing is running to keep up. So what i'll do is run a few rooms ahead, ignore everybody in those rooms, and then massacre mobs till the rest of my party gets there. If they ask me to slow down, Then thats what i do, I dont want my playstyle to make the level no fun for them. I've been known to massacre everything all the way to the boss, then have a smoke while i wait for the rest of the team. Unless its a HUGE map, even if one of them goes down, i can easily get back to them in time. So i'm definitely a rusher, but i do very much have my limits.

You want a Speed run on a boss? No Problem, 4 minutes is more than enough time.
You want to crawl through the level like a Ninja Sherlock Holmes? Thats fine, I'll wait, its not like i have anything to prove. Enjoy. Just let me know if things get over your head, Ill still be close enough to help.

Both rushing and slow exploration are valid game play options. I try to rush when others rush, and explore when others explore.

That said, I've been running into players (usually 2 volts) that can run through the level at such a rate that my Excalibur with stamina mod (still levelling and didn't have rush slotted, farming low level boss) cannot keep up with them at all, running jump kicking and trying to run past all of the mobs. Still the other players are 5+ rooms ahead of me. Complaining about a slow person at this point seems counter productive to me since the slow person is trying to keep up. They really need to have a play style option where you choose rush or explore and are paired with like people, since it is frustrating for both parties.

Another option would be to make all warframes having similar movement speeds so that one frame doesn't totally outstrip the other ones in speed (looking at you Volt). Hmmm... I think I know what my next warframe will be. ;)

Cut the legs of those evil players you choose to play with and turn them into infested crawlers!

And if you're still slower than them make a loki and switch teleport with them whenever they crawl ahead of you.

Play solo/private and have your online troubles magically disappear.

Then you run into issues of not having your friends online at the same time, Or some alert comes out and you can't handle it yourself. Switching to Private/Solo is a bandaid for this type of issue, Not a fix.

OK, so maybe I am the only one who has ever had this happen. I am farming a boss but some jerk joins in and just slowly goes through the level. My farm is not so slow but he aggros every room and he has to trudge through every enemy, I finally reaches the boss. The waypoint for the boss is gone, and he can’t find the room and I have to run back to him then boss or wait 10 minutes.

This was really getting to me and a few others. This guy would ruin it for the group of us. Then a horrible thing happened, I hit a door that requires more than one person to open. This slow SOB made me wait for a good long while.

This gave me an idea. All doors leading to bosses should never require more than one person to open. This works out well for everyone. Slow people can’t ruin it for a group that wants to go for the objective, and a group that’s really rushing will have more than one person in the lead.

Nice try, but your underlying premise is flawed. One slow person can't hold up a whole group with this addition. Ever.

The only "loser" is the SOLO rusher who failed to account for the fact that the other 2-3 people in his squad weren't right behind him. You learn, and then you get a new squad for the next run.

Invite only/private is good, but there are a fair amount of people who aren't in a clan or don't play enough to have reliably friends (from in-game) on at the same time. What would be ideal for everyone is not always possible or feasible for many.

Edited by Westmin

I guess I would be okay with this.  Extraction countdowns are a way to prevent one player from screwing over everyone else because they don't feel like finishing yet, it would be nice if there was a corresponding solution to the opposite end of the spectrum.

For the record, I am not against rushing in the least.  I do it myself sometimes when I need to farm a rare resource.  My volt is entirely decked out for speed.  But when I do it, I do it by myself or with other players who are like-minded.  The problem is, if you're going to rush, why are you bothering to join other players if you're going to solo the boss anyways?  Oh wait, there's one reason-to leech off other players who are partway through to the boss, so that you just have less ground to cover.  Basically, you're using others to save yourself time, and then screwing them over in the process.

I've read responses saying "too bad you don't like rushing, you could just rush too".  How does that happen when I'm a loki or a volt, and can move about three times faster than your rhino?  Even if the rhino tries to go along with it, they're going to be left behind, and they're going to miss out on resources and mod drops.

The mentality of "if you're playing public, you shouldn't complain about other players" doesn't really cut it.  If you're going to be playing to one extreme or another(rushing as fast as possible, or taking as much time as possible and looting absolutely EVERYTHING), you should just be playing by yourself or with your friends.  What's the point of joining public if you don't intend to actually play with your squad?  Public should be balanced for cooperation, because that is the entire point of pubs.

Imo, placing a door on boss entrances is a MUCH better solution than slide cooldown was, because it allows players to play quickly if they want on their own or with friends, while still ensuring that newer or slightly slower players in pubs don't get $&*^ed over.

OK, so maybe I am the only one who has ever had this happen. I am farming a boss but some jerk joins in and just speeds through the level. My farm is not so fast but he aggros every room and I have to trudge through while he zips ahead, kills the boss and then speeds to the end. The waypoint for the boss is gone, I can’t find the room and I ether have to rush to the exit or lose my credits.

This was really getting to me and a few others. This guy would ruin it for the group of us. Then a wonderful thing happened, he hit a door that requires more than one person to open. We made the SOB wait for a good long while.

This gave me an idea. All doors leading to bosses should require more than one person to open. This works out well for everyone. Rusher can’t ruin it for a group that doesn’t feel like rushing, and a group that’s really rushing will have more than one person in the lead.

+1, good idea.

Let me make myself clear. I am not against rushers. What I am against is one person forcing their styl onto a public group. This is the equivalent of an entire team of rushers being held back by one guy who wanted to take his time.

My recommendation only require there to be more than 1 rusher for them to be allowed to rush. If ¾ people in a group don’t want to rush then I don’t think that one person should be able to ruin it for them.

Let me make myself clear. I am not against rushers. What I am against is one person forcing their styl onto a public group. This is the equivalent of an entire team of rushers being held back by one guy who wanted to take his time.

My recommendation only require there to be more than 1 rusher for them to be allowed to rush. If ¾ people in a group don’t want to rush then I don’t think that one person should be able to ruin it for them.

"We're not against Rush. We're not against Rushers. But we are against those Thugs...thugs thugs.."

RrTem3t.jpg

+1

As I've said numerous times.

The problem is not slow people.

The problem is not normal paced people.

The problem is not fast people.

The problem is when a slow person is matched with a fast or normal group.

The problem is when a normal person is matched with a fast or slow group.

The problem is when a fast person is matched with a slow or normal group.

If you're playing in online mode, you are accepting that any of the above may occur, be it a fast person who is mad, slow person, or normal paced person it is all the same, you've accepted that it may occur. 

That is why I agree with adding a system to classify what type of run you're seeking.

Nice try, but your underlying premise is flawed. One slow person can't hold up a whole group with this addition. Ever.

The only "loser" is the SOLO rusher who failed to account for the fact that the other 2-3 people in his squad weren't right behind him. You learn, and then you get a new squad for the next run.

Invite only/private is good, but there are a fair amount of people who aren't in a clan or don't play enough to have reliably friends (from in-game) on at the same time. What would be ideal for everyone is not always possible or feasible for many.         

If 1 person can't do it to fast people, then 1 person can't effectively do it to slow people.  Your point is moot, either it works in both or doesn't work in both. Extraction point won't allow it, so a group of people playing the way they want that aren't too inept to continue in the direction that the waypoint was in before the boss was killed, only have themselves to blame for running to the extraction point.  Since 1 person in there isn't gonna start that timer.  Nor was this super serious I simply reversed roles of what the OP was posting to poke fun at the flawed mentality that this is a one way street that fast people only harm slow people and not vice versa.

Edited by Enot83

I guess I would be okay with this.  Extraction countdowns are a way to prevent one player from screwing over everyone else because they don't feel like finishing yet, it would be nice if there was a corresponding solution to the opposite end of the spectrum.

For the record, I am not against rushing in the least.  I do it myself sometimes when I need to farm a rare resource.  My volt is entirely decked out for speed.  But when I do it, I do it by myself or with other players who are like-minded.  The problem is, if you're going to rush, why are you bothering to join other players if you're going to solo the boss anyways?  Oh wait, there's one reason-to leech off other players who are partway through to the boss, so that you just have less ground to cover.  Basically, you're using others to save yourself time, and then screwing them over in the process.

I've read responses saying "too bad you don't like rushing, you could just rush too".  How does that happen when I'm a loki or a volt, and can move about three times faster than your rhino?  Even if the rhino tries to go along with it, they're going to be left behind, and they're going to miss out on resources and mod drops.

The mentality of "if you're playing public, you shouldn't complain about other players" doesn't really cut it.  If you're going to be playing to one extreme or another(rushing as fast as possible, or taking as much time as possible and looting absolutely EVERYTHING), you should just be playing by yourself or with your friends.  What's the point of joining public if you don't intend to actually play with your squad?  Public should be balanced for cooperation, because that is the entire point of pubs.

Thank you! Exactly my opinion about this matter!