Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Repolarity = No Mastery Points?

-Aza-Gorod-

i know that if you use a forma on a warframe or weapons or sentinel it resets it which i dont mind at all.but here is the part which i think should be changed but this is just me i dont know if anyone else things this.but some like to use one warframe alot more then others and dont want to have to switch out just to get more mastery points.(note i do have other warframes and weapons but eh there more for messing around when i am bord) and i know some out there think the same.but when we repolarity one of our favorite weapons or frames we have to rerank which is ok.but not get any mastery points at all? come on D: atleast make it be half of what the it would be.

example: i ranked my rhino to rank 30 and i would get 200 mastery points on it per level or rank.

i use a forma on it and now i got to rerank it and instead of 200 points per rank i get 100.

this way its abit more rewarding to rerank warframes and weapons instead of a "hmm should i really use a forma on this? and have to rerank for just 1 polarity slot?" sure you get half the cost of 1 mod per forma used. but if people get 50% of the normal mastery points people would feel abit better about reranking there beloved frame or weapon.

this is just my thought cause i use mainly a rhino and a gorgon, despair, schindo and i dont really use anything else and i dont like haveing to use other items just to rank up when i am reranking my frame and weapons already aswell as my dethcbe.

Lets get this over with 

Person A: Forma should give mastery rank
Person B: But >>MASTERY<< means mastery of all equipment! 
Person A: Mastery of a weapon being used over and over is the same concept
Person B: No!!
Person A: YES!!

/thread

I agree with Person A - complete mastery of a single thing is always more valued than multiple things. Since we're dealing with Asian culture and ninjas, I quote:

I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
                                                                                                                                                    - Bruce Lee

Edited by Aishi

Because mastery rank is a measure of mastering DIFFERENT weapons/frames. Raising that by leveling the same thing over, and over is cheating the system.

Yeah that's how it is now, hence this thread suggesting otherwise. Your clearly stupid never mind.

Leveling a forma'd weapon takes the exact same amount of time and effort as leveling a new weapon, so logically it should grant Mastery exactly the same.

i agree or atleast 50% or at the bare minimum 25% or useing a forma is a hassel and kind of a waste of time just for 1 slot.

Using a Forma already has a quite significant benefit - giving your weapons a higher maximum effectiveness.  They're the difference between having the exact mod setup you want versus having to cut corners.  It doesn't need any additional benefit.

Thematically, it's inappropriate.  Mastery rank is mastery of the wide variety of frames and weapons available to a Tenno - not mastery of a particular weapon or frame.  Those are covered by item/frame levels.

Further, the Mastery system is set up to encourage people to broaden their skillset - try out other weapons, try out other frames.  This change would totally undermine it's purpose, since players could just choose the best frame/weapon and reapetedly farm Formas, never trying out anything else. 

It's unneccessary and harmful.

i know that if you use a forma on a warframe or weapons or sentinel it resets it which i dont mind at all.but here is the part which i think should be changed but this is just me i dont know if anyone else things this.but some like to use one warframe alot more then others and dont want to have to switch out just to get more mastery points.(note i do have other warframes and weapons but eh there more for messing around when i am bord) and i know some out there think the same.but when we repolarity one of our favorite weapons or frames we have to rerank which is ok.but not get any mastery points at all? come on D: atleast make it be half of what the it would be.

example: i ranked my rhino to rank 30 and i would get 200 mastery points on it per level or rank.

i use a forma on it and now i got to rerank it and instead of 200 points per rank i get 100.

this way its abit more rewarding to rerank warframes and weapons instead of a "hmm should i really use a forma on this? and have to rerank for just 1 polarity slot?" sure you get half the cost of 1 mod per forma used. but if people get 50% of the normal mastery points people would feel abit better about reranking there beloved frame or weapon.

this is just my thought cause i use mainly a rhino and a gorgon, despair, schindo and i dont really use anything else and i dont like haveing to use other items just to rank up when i am reranking my frame and weapons already aswell as my dethcbe.

Totally disagree.

This idea will open the floodgates for people to pay for Mastery Rank.

Mastery to me means mastering ALL things in the game.

Leveling the same warframe / weapon repeatedly over and over proves you have mastered NOTHING but a single item in the game.

Using a Forma already has a quite significant benefit - giving your weapons a higher maximum effectiveness.  They're the difference between having the exact mod setup you want versus having to cut corners.  It doesn't need any additional benefit.

Thematically, it's inappropriate.  Mastery rank is mastery of the wide variety of frames and weapons available to a Tenno - not mastery of a particular weapon or frame.  Those are covered by item/frame levels.

Further, the Mastery system is set up to encourage people to broaden their skillset - try out other weapons, try out other frames.  This change would totally undermine it's purpose, since players could just choose the best frame/weapon and reapetedly farm Formas, never trying out anything else. 

It's unneccessary and harmful.

maybe true but there are still ways for people to get around that like cycleing through bratons and latos. but i do see your point but also some people dont like it that way.if people want to try a different frame then they will same thing for weapons. i do enjoy useing my rhino and main weapons set but i am also going to get other frames and weapons too. i am  not saying people shouldnt use other frames and weapons. i am saying that completely reseting them should have even a slight mastery point to them, this would make formas even more powerful.also its not to easy to farm formas i was lucky to get 2 blueprints out of the void runs i was in.

Totally disagree.

Leveling the same warframe / weapon repeatedly over and over proves you have mastered NOTHING but a single item in the game.

You can also pay for other weapons.

Totally disagree.

maybe true

As a general principle, I think the idea of "Mastery" representing your experience with multiple weapons/warframes is good, and something the game should stick to.

That being said, since you do get a little star on a weapon/warframe you've forma'd and levelled up more than once, it should be viewed that you have gained more experience with that weapon. You've modified it, learned how to get more out of it. As such, it should give you mastery.

Maybe, to make things a little tougher, it should give HALF the mastery points. So basically, the second time you dinged a weapon up, you'd get 15 levels worth of mastery. The third time, you'd get 6 or 7, fourth time 3 or 4 etc.

The idea being that at some point... you've learned all there is to learn about how to praes butan and make things die with that particular tool.

If it had to be put in at all, I would say for every time you forma an item you get 1/2 the mastery points (ie: first time lvl'ing up warframe = 200 per level, 1 forma = 100 per level, 2nd forma = 50, 3rd = 25, etc.).  But otherwise you're just opening a loophole for people to farm mastery off of one or 2 sets of weapons, they get this super high mastery, claim to be bad-&amp;#&#33;, and actually know little to nothing about the game because they've only played with such a finite set of items. 

If it had to be put in at all, I would say for every time you forma an item you get 1/2 the mastery points (ie: first time lvl'ing up warframe = 200 per level, 1 forma = 100 per level, 2nd forma = 50, 3rd = 25, etc.).  But otherwise you're just opening a loophole for people to farm mastery off of one or 2 sets of weapons, they get this super high mastery, claim to be bad-&amp;#&#33;, and actually know little to nothing about the game because they've only played with such a finite set of items. 

thats what i have been saying. each time a forma is used it halves the mastery points earned per rank of the new repolaritized frame or weapon.

i dont want people to have a loop hole to rank up. i am just saying make useing a forma abit more rewarding till after the 4th forma.

5th forma and on you get 0 mastery points.

Edited by Drake777

thats what i have been saying. each time a forma is used it halves the mastery points earned per rank of the new repolaritized frame or weapon.

i dont want people to have a loop hole to rank up. i am just saying make useing a forma abit more rewarding till after the 4th forma.

5th forma and on you get 0 mastery points.

An extra polarity is reward enough. If you don't think so I'm sorry to hear that.