The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DPS build: Sancti Tigris V.s Tigris Prime

zoobmer

Question

13 answers to this question

I don't currently own the Tigris Prime so my opinion is mostly theorycrafting.

In practice, even the regular tigris shreds any enemies on the vast majority of missions in 1-2 hits so sacrificing some damage for utility mods on the tigris prime, which has much higher base damage, is one possible approach. Any damage over an enemy's HP total is wasted, after all.

The build I'll aim for is (Prime)Point blank, Hell's chamber, Seeking Fury, Tactical Pump and 4x dual stat mods to reach 100% status for shotgun magic procs; 

Edited by Kuvakei

If you are asking which weapon you'd want it on, go for Tigris prime for more consistent slash procs. Mogamu just made a video for the build. It doesn't use Tactical Pump, but the crowd control of radiation or corrosive more than makes up for it.

13 minutes ago, R34LM said:

If you are asking which weapon you'd want it on, go for Tigris prime for more consistent slash procs. Mogamu just made a video for the build. It doesn't use Tactical Pump, but the crowd control of radiation or corrosive more than makes up for it.

I saw that video right before making this post. that is why I included DOT procs in my post. but I also noticed that the Tigris Prime has worse reload speed, which is the only downside. I would definitely include tactical pump on any Tigris, no matter what.

in fact, I'm currently using the basic Tigris without forma or potato. I can't even fit hell's chamber on there because seeking fury and tactical pump take up to much mod space. once I get upgraded versions of the Tigris, I'll add a potato to it from the start, so I don't have to deal with that.

my build primed point blank max.hell chamber.seeking fury.blaze.+4x element 3 element 90^ 1 element status...i dont use sweeping serration cz elements gie u more dmg and seeking fury is nececery for me helps a lot with reload+u can kill multiple enemies

As always, everyone has their different choice build regarding to their needs.

For me, I tend to keep both of them. 

Build is : P Point Blank + Hell's Chamber + Sweeping Serration + Vicious Spread + Blaze + 3 elemental.

90% elemental on Sancti Tigris for DPS, and dual-stat elemental on Tigris Prime for 100% status high-status-proc-machine.

I do not put Seeking Fury, but instead Sweeping Serration, on both weapon.

Both serves me pretty well and I'm satisfied about their performance.

Edited by SpryCrow
amended for more clear meaning

Honestly, I feel it's a necessity to run both seeking fury and tactical pump upon the tigris prime, and the situation with the DOT effects, I found that most of the time I would be one-hitting enemies regardless up to around level 90-100, which is around when I start to get a bit bored so whilst I can see that status may be a "must" for some I stuck with the traditional build.

Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Sweeping Serration, Seeking Fury, Tactical Pump, Blaze + Elemental combo where applicable.

24 minutes ago, SpryCrow said:

90% elemental on Sancti Tigris for DPS, and dual-stat elemental on Tigris Prime for 100% status machine.

I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case but you need to hit 100% status chance before multishot mods are considered for the 100% status chance shotgun "feature" to work. 

1 hour ago, Kuvakei said:

I'm not entirely sure if this is still the case but you need to hit 100% status chance before multishot mods are considered for the 100% status chance shotgun "feature" to work. 

Well in this case, I shall amend my meaning on the build for them.

As a matter of fact, I build my Sancti Tigris to be DPS-centered; while Tigris Prime to be status-oriented.

Sorry for making such unclear definition.

But I want to emphasize that, the Tigris Prime has a higher status chance Sancti Tigris, and that's why I choose to build them in their respective way.

Just for reference to OP.

2 hours ago, Kuvakei said:

That's exactly what putting 4 dual-stats on Tigris Prime will do.

2 minutes ago, Epsik-kun said:

Ah, you were referring the build? Yeah, you're right then.

Something I haven't tried yet is if dual stat+nano applicator works as well as 4x dual stats, saving a slot in the process on ability spam heavy frames. Have you tried it out?

Edited by Kuvakei
grammar

2 minutes ago, Kuvakei said:

Something I haven't tried yet is if dual stat+nano applicator works as well as 4x dual stats, saving a slot in the process on ability spam heavy frames. have you tried it out?

I haven't done that too. I don't think it'll work, as at least critical mods on non-melee weren't multiplicative. If it is multiplicative in relation to the total status chance, it should work.