Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to Counter Parkour In Conclave: A Visual Guide

Zhandragon

Question

4 answers to this question

i wouldn't call this one easy ;)

My personal thing is that lots of players who parkour to escape or even hit and run do so in a way that there are clear time periods when they are not trying to return fire. When this happens, I can take my time and clip their wings. No need for me to counter parkour when I can just shoot them.

That guy you killed was not parkouring, he was just jumping between 2 ground spots.

However it would be most interesting to elaborate the commonly used tactics to defeat parkour, not counting aim power overriding, what i mean by that, is that aiming so well that the other guys parkouring doesnt matter is not really a counter mechanic, its just brute forcing kek, by example, what pytha says comes down to recognizing windows of opportunity were you can take shots, but still, those shots comes with logics behind, those logics arent described anywhere but only part of a common knowledge whose`s lack of solidification allows a lot of criticism against the parkour system.

Technically speaking, doing flips and jumps along the ground counts as parkour (I do parkour professionally IRL as a stuntman). What I meant by parkour here was simply just your standard Tenno jumping around a lot. However, the same principles apply. But yes, I did not elaborate as much as I could have on the tactics, although I speak briefly about them in the video.

Linearization of enemy vectors and recognizing when enemies cannot return fire are the two most important things.

Creating a long line and extending the distance between you and your target when your target has not yet acquired you in their sights decreases the apparent motion of their character model relative to your cursor motion. This makes it so that you only need to make smaller adjustments to correct your aim. I do this when I get the first shot on him. One of the best ways to do this is the bulletjump>doublejump>front roll boost, or a back handspring.

Using your body motion to cancel out your opponent's vectors so that they only move on one axis relative to your frame of view is also important. You don't necessarily have to chase them down: you just have to move anti-parallel to their motion. This is also really important. I show this in the final killshot when Xerick is backfliping diagonally to the upper right corner: I respond by aimglide drifting down to the left bottom corner.

Gaining the high ground is also extremely important, as we have a natural inclination to look downwards. It's very disorienting to aim upwards, and we also have an in-game tilt limit to how high up we can look before the cursor stops. Taking a second to boost straight upwards to get higher than another jumping opponent can be key to getting better conditions.

Aim circling is another tactic. You can spin your reticle in a tight circle when trying to aim if you aren't sure you're good enough to just straight up point and shoot. It's like playing Wheel of Fortune: stop the wheel when it lands on your target. I don't show this here but there's another video I'm planning on doing about aim tricks.

And then of course, you can find moments where you aren't in danger because your opponent is distracted by their own need to sustain air velocity. That's when you find where they're going and just aim there. I do this with the second set of shots I take in the video. You can also force them into states like this by passing around or through them, like I did.

These things aren't necessarily having "good" aim so much as understanding how to move and how to create the right conditions so that you DON'T have to aim as well- most of the work that goes into aiming has already been taken care of simply by moving your body a bit. Honestly my aim is nowhere near as good as Pytha's or most of the other top players. I just know WHEN to try and aim, and how to create those opportunities by doing things other than aiming.

Edited by Zhandragon