Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do Hardcore focus farmers grind these days?

Rioma

Question

So I took a long break from the game from before saryn prime to little after Vauban prime came out. I used to do Loki stealth deception mission and stealth kill nerds to keep 500% exp bonus up. But IDK was wondering if there was a faster way now. I have a spore spam saryn build I took to berehynia. After 2 waves I had killed like 1600 enemies and i got a grand total of like ~6500 focus. Granted I didn't grab the little focus bubble they have now, but I thought 1600 kills should at least grant me a decent chunk of my daily focus. . . . . .

My saryn had a greater lens on her, and the weapon i was using to pop my spores didn't have a lens. So I wen't and put a lens on my weapon and the results were pretty much the same. Has focus grinding been nerfed into the ground without the little focus bubble? Help me out guys what is the latest and greatest focus farming cheese? :D 

16 answers to this question

Hardcore? Have an Affinity Booster going at all times and Stealth farm.

These days it's Sedna - Andro. I prefer melee Polearms, they hit in a huge area and allow you to negate many of the anti stealth farm units added in the past.

Use Sonicor as a Secondary to break Arc Traps while at the same time silently killing enemies nearby to prevent Stealth multiplier loss.

You can make 50k in about 10 minutes. Avg 30k. If you go slower you can get more per mission....  But screw slow.

4yDtR44.jpg

Stealth farming has pretty much always been the best.

I don't consider myself to be "hardcore", but when I'm farming Focus, I use Ivara to stealth run Adara on Sedna, keeping the 500% multiplier up as much as possible, grabbing every Focus orb I see. Combining Noise Arrow with Sleep Arrow is awesome for gathering up large amounts of enemies and ensuring that they're open for finishers. I'm still working on keeping the multiplier up for the whole mission and getting faster at completing the missions, but I routinely get ~20k+ Focus for a single mission.

Edited by Calvyr

23 minutes ago, WorldCreator123 said:

Typically the best place is sortie eximus stronghold missions, bonus if it's survival, defense, or intercept.

That focus bubble doubles the focus you earn for a short period of time.

Sorties in general are the best place in which to farm focus, but yeah surv / int / def / exc are the best mission-types. Mobile defence is also decent considering the amount of enemies spawning while defending has been upped.

32 minutes ago, WorldCreator123 said:

Typically the best place is sortie eximus stronghold missions, bonus if it's survival, defense, or intercept.

That focus bubble doubles the focus you earn for a short period of time.

It's only double? I thought x6 or something.

24 minutes ago, TheScytale said:

It's only double? I thought x6 or something.

I actually made an assumption, the wiki only states:

"[it will] greatly increase the amount of Focus converted from Affinity for a period of 45 seconds"

I assumed that it doubled since all boosters double their respective resource, so the "convergence orb" was like a focus booster. Correct me if you have a source that says otherwise, because I couldn't find anything.

I bring Saryn Spore with a 100% status Mutalist Cernos to Berehynia. I have affinity booster. In a premade, I am hitting ~30k focus without collecting focus multipliers in 3 messages. While collecting focus multipliers, you can get close to capping the daily max in 3 messages.

In pubs, it depends entirely on team comp, but I average around 25-30k every 4 messages.

1 minute ago, PhazeChange said:

I bring Saryn Spore with a 100% status Mutalist Cernos to Berehynia. I have affinity booster. In a premade, I am hitting ~30k focus without collecting focus multipliers in 3 messages. While collecting focus multipliers, you can get close to capping the daily max in 3 messages.

In pubs, it depends entirely on team comp, but I average around 25-30k every 4 messages.

Does having a lens on your muta cernos matter?

9 minutes ago, xXRiomaXx said:

Does having a lens on your muta cernos matter?

In a public, having a lens on the Cernos matters. There will often be banshees, other Spore saryn and a bunch of Embers who are causing you to get an affinity split from the share. I DON'T have a lens on anything but the Saryn and I run a greater lens. So the pub affinity can definitely produce better results than I have.

In a premade where you're the main DPS (which you should be as spore Saryn), it makes almost no difference. You'll do 99% of the kills with your warframe ability in that case and nothing gets shared with weapons.

Edited by PhazeChange

Prowl Ivara + Silenced Tonkor. And we'll go pick your mission. But right now exterminated seems to spawn all the enemy in giant clumps so you can get huge chunks of affinity in single shots.

having an affinity booster helps heaps as well but it's not a must have.