Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Secure The Artifact Mission

Llyssa

Didn't see anyone else post it, so I'd just like to pop in the fact that I found the new mission type(pre-set wave defense) interesting and enjoyable, a nice change of pace and a decent challenge.

I really do hope to see more of it in the future.

Many players complain that it was a terrible event. I believe it was all right and since it was to test out some things with the RNG, I suppose it's even better. The only issue I had with this event, were the artifacts. Alone, they seem pretty weak.

Many players complain that it was a terrible event. I believe it was all right and since it was to test out some things with the RNG, I suppose it's even better. The only issue I had with this event, were the artifacts. Alone, they seem pretty weak.

Exactly 15-25 waves for artifact, which isn't that great.

Mods are nice but i can have those from normal defense missions and extra prize at each fifth wave.

Let's be honest here, who would pick these over Energy syphon or Rejuvenation?

My issue, in the end, was that it was a lost opportunity to do something really cool for a defend to a certain wave for a special (albeit somewhat lackluster) artifact. These were special 'found' artifacts so they should have been done on an orokin tileset. Imagine an orokin ship found adrift in one of the 3 enemy types space and so you, the advanced team (of 4), had to hold off the invading forces long enough for a containment team to arrive. This would have been an excellent opportunity to show off the orokin tileset, and could of have traps from pressing floor switches or secret rooms or random summons that could be triggered by pressing a hidden switch that would summon 'the crew' of the ship (corrupted) that would attack all sides until destroyed. I don't think it would have been too difficult to setup a tileset in a hurry since all the assets must already exist, but things like traps could be a future development and the summons was just an idea of something cool.

That being said a team of ES and the armor reduction one could allow for deeper runs into the infinite defense but i will leave such speculation to the more l33t clans, its ES for me all the way.

Edited by ecludian

I liked the set defense wave. The only issue was that if you fail, you loose any and all mods youve picked up, the time spend feels wasted then. This is ok for regular defense missions, because you make the choice not to back out with what youve got, but in a set defense wave, you dont have the option.