Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request Permission To Modify The User Client.

Ganwybas

F2P game generally monetize on skin/cosmetic.  Allowing 3rd party to create and distribute texture pack/mod would hurt the developper.

Furthermore, allowing code acces client-base could make hacking more easy.  Atm, the game work on a pier-to-pier connexion model.  The host is running the ''server'' of the game for the other player.  If the host play around with his client-side code, it could affect other player if he is the host.

diffence between this,you own mods visible only be you ,mods for money visible by all players.

This game is awesome. Why do you want to mod it?

awesome? In gameplay yes

but other side? game lack of interested content

boring similar levels , to apply new weapons or costumes simply nowhere. that's right now in the game have nothing to do absolutely , and it's weird. Do developers like the situation with huge range of stupid levels of the twins, and this is supposedly the entire gameplay.

why mods? do you heard how Lex is shoot? aklato? How stupid look akbolto compare to bolts what they fired? vaoban with beard and etc.

Edited by JDante

Did this game come out of beta or something and I didn't realize? Content comes in time, you can't expect them to do bug fixes, new items, new warframes, new tile sets, new factions, fix issues, all in a short span solely for you? Seriously though, this game's design concept is completely different from anything out now, and it's one of the great aspects of this game. Why would they allow you to change their hard work into something sub-par that would hurt profits ultimately hurting the game?

That is called modding. Either way, it's not going to make the game popular.

Unless it goes to the levels Skyrim/Oblivion/Morrowing... Bethesda Titles have.

Client Side modding also opens the way for at least these two problems.

- Nude mods, which can be bad publicity

- Texture Hacks, not so major an issue in PvE but still are a problem

In Everquest 2 you could Hex Edit your characters Size and Color as they were Client Side information. Until a Gnome decided to run around with a 2000% Size increase. He was promptly banned and the code was made Server Side. Prior to this GM's were forgiving about Color-Editing and usually just chided players for it, now you can be banned for it as it is construed as hacking.

Did this game come out of beta or something and I didn't realize? Content comes in time, you can't expect them to do bug fixes, new items, new warframes, new tile sets, new factions, fix issues, all in a short span solely for you? Seriously though, this game's design concept is completely different from anything out now, and it's one of the great aspects of this game. Why would they allow you to change their hard work into something sub-par that would hurt profits ultimately hurting the game?

warframe? guns? i say fck it! fck it to hell! it is not a serious work for 
developers! its a ridiculous!! for this time another team dev create a huge project!!

They need to do more than 1 warframe or 1 weapon! They must add new different level! add new improvements system to all aspects in game
rework stupid boring mission ,give to them more interaction more interest
new mode gameplay
clan wars
WHY FCK NOT do a BIG tenno public place? a Capital tower for players
galaxy map
add lore 
and mission
and more
and all this possible do for 3-4 month!!

but was wargaming team setup a new fck trend!! best create cosmetics changes and release 1 corean slave work in 3D max in month!

In the game there are no goals and objectives. Yes there is nothing to do at all. And I promise a new animation and new Warframe. Why do I need this stupid animation in the game if there is nothing to do? Why do I need a new Warframe if it nowhere use?
Edited by JDante

One of the naysayers will have to explain to me exactly what's so terrible about client-side texture mods, sound mods, etc. 

It leads directly to cheating. 

Load up all wall textures in photshop.  Set them to 50% transparency.  Instant wall hack.

Load up all enemy textures in photoshop.  Turn them bright pink.  Vastly increased enemy visibility.

It's an absolutely terrible idea.

diffence between this,you own mods visible only be you ,mods for money visible by all players.

The issue is that how do you want DE to sell Skin/texture pack if ppl can get them for free by modder ?

What block ppl for copying DE art and distribute them as mod for ppl to use ?

Sure, it's only visible for you.  But my guess is that when you buy a skin in a F2P game, you don't buy it for the other ppl on the internet.  You buy it for YOU because you enjoy the look.

@Phatose

This, exactly.

Or load up the enemy textures and brightly color all of the weak points and you have instant easy aiming mode, especially for targets with hard to hit weak points.

It would lead to far too many exploits in the game.

It leads directly to cheating. 

Load up all wall textures in photshop.  Set them to 50% transparency.  Instant wall hack.

Load up all enemy textures in photoshop.  Turn them bright pink.  Vastly increased enemy visibility.

It's an absolutely terrible idea.

who exactly does this crap hurt? wallhack? so what, it's not like you can shoot through walls. pink textures? okay, if you want your game to look like crap.

you know, there were some brightwalls exploits for cs:go. i checked it out, it looked horrible, i turned it off. simple as that. if you think it can hurt the game in anyway, well, then... i laugh.

Wallhacks and visibility hacks are bad. Considering this opens up a direct avenue for the like, I'd rather not support it on anything except *maybe* the player and player-equipped guns and Sentinel Derivatives.

who exactly does this crap hurt? wallhack? so what, it's not like you can shoot through walls. pink textures? okay, if you want your game to look like crap.

you know, there were some brightwalls exploits for cs:go. i checked it out, it looked horrible, i turned it off. simple as that. if you think it can hurt the game in anyway, well, then... i laugh.

You would be surprised how often people seek to help themselves ever higher over other players when there is an easier method of doing so. Whilst I can appreciate that the gameplay might not be for you, there are more than enough games as precedents that this kind of mod detriments the general gameplay for everyone, not only themselves.

Edited by Azure_Kyte

Here's one of many reasons why user modding shouldn't happen:

- People with their own custom character looks, won't buy in-game customization items.

Still, I think the idea of having the developers grab some user submitted work implemented in-game is great.

Edited by JRMC

warframe? guns? i say fck it! fck it to hell! it is not a serious work for 
developers! its a ridiculous!! for this time another team dev create a huge project!!

They need to do more than 1 warframe or 1 weapon! They must add new different level! add new improvements system to all aspects in game
rework stupid boring mission ,give to them more interaction more interest
new mode gameplay
clan wars
WHY FCK NOT do a BIG tenno public place? a Capital tower for players
galaxy map
add lore 
and mission
and more
and all this possible do for 3-4 month!!

but was wargaming team setup a new fck trend!! best create cosmetics changes and release 1 corean slave work in 3D max in month!

In the game there are no goals and objectives. Yes there is nothing to do at all. And I promise a new animation and new Warframe. Why do I need this stupid animation in the game if there is nothing to do? Why do I need a new Warframe if it nowhere use?

Can you repeat that, in english?