Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boar Prime Good?

LabMan95

Question

Hello everybody,

So I got Boar Prime about 2 weeks ago, and saw that you can put a lot of status into it (100%). Despite being an impact based weapon (and I despise a vast majority of impact weapons), I really enjoy the status aspect of it, so I dumped a couple forma into it (which is enough for me since I don't have any primed mods). I noticed the ammo efficiency is a tad under what I'm used to, though. But anyways, I'd like to know if this is a decent "endgame" weapon (sortie 3, 1 hour Mot runs, etc.). I do have all the status & element mods (thank you Baro), but do not have primed point blank (wihch is apparently huge for shotguns). Also, I'm only MR9, so Sancti and Prime Tigris are out of the question for now. Should I stick with this as one of my main damage dealers, or just go with something else?

7 answers to this question

well, it can be. personally I love mine, though it doesn't look that good >.> 

I went with full status myself, plus an ammo conversion mod 

but it doesn't have to be good, from what I read, you seem to like it, and that's good enough. imo, having good stats and being good in general is the easy part, loving the weapon you use despite of their stats in the hard part, and you already finished that ^^ 

Is Boar Prime gud? - Yes. It's lots of fun, too.

Does it work in Sorties? - Somewhat. With right the modifications it does.

Are there better Options? - Yes. Vaykor Hek.

It's a good shotgun, but it deals the 4th lowest total damage (per shot) of all shotguns and has wide spread.
Againt weak crowds it performs like no other, but against strong enemies there are definitely better options.

Edited by DNG0
MissingWrd.

It is, and it's fun to use, and with enough forma it's absolutely viable in anything up to 40/40 endless, even 60/60; but its big downside is that to make it really useful you have to "waste" a slot on an Ammo Mutation (unless you're happy switching often between Primary and Secondary).

Edited by Omnimorph