The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Archwing Post Titania

PookieNumnums

Hello,

Please allow me to start by saying that i've always liked archwing and I am a supporter of adding game modes to warframe that are different from the basic 'run and gun, hack, and slash'. Also, This isnt a titania critique thread so please do not view it from that perspective. 

Ive had many discussions with players who do and do not like archwing, and to tell the truth there are more reasons than I would expect as to why someone does or doesnt like it. I realize after talking to players that do not like archwing that for the most part they WOULD like it if a few things were changed, some of them relatively minor. 

The end results are basically that most players would like to see:

More advanced controls for movement More agility More freedom Less cursor-bound Better Map (3d) Better Hud Elements  Easier to See enemies No auto rotate (orientate button)  

This out of the way, on to the meat of this post (or tvp if youre into that) (i like both)

Titania. Titanias quest brought about some realization and some questions but for this thread, the she played an important role in revitalizing one of my biggest hopes/questions for archwing and something that has always and i mean ALWAYS seemed to get a positive response from people in conversation and that is:

Why dont we have large ships in space to attack/infiltrate/sabotage?

Lets form a mental image of what im talking about and why: Take any tile set, and lets take any survival or sabotage or capture mission. Think of how big each room is and how many rooms are in that map. Now, Shrink yourself down to Titanias size and imagine how small you are relative to the entirety of that missions generated map.  

Pretty. Freakin. Tiny. 

Now, imagine every time youve fallen out of a map. The whole mission fits within that and theres still room for more. It seems we have the space to do it, the means to be small enough to make it work, and the surrounding area to support entry/escape?

I understand that generated maps may not work.. BUT these dont have to be basic ships. They can be special ships designed a certain way that have a very specific layout that follows a design with only minor variation. Really they could have done something like that with the Baylor fomorians too, considering how big it is. We also have the transition phase we see in sharkwing maps and in the JV. The ships also dont have to 'move'. 

Tiny tenno. Giant ships. It sounds like a good time. I hope to see it one day. 

I wouldn't mind the auto-leveling part so much if they had only used it on the underwater (sharkwing) maps and when Titania goes 'fairy' (also why isn't 6D0F done for those two situations?).

By all means, do give us a way to manually roll. As it is, when I enter an AW interception map, I have to spend a few seconds to memorize the layout so I can ignore the 2D mini-map.[if a 3D map a la Elite is too tough / impractical, might I suggest something like the maps used in the old X-Wing / TIE Fighter games]

PS One good thing... newbies might find that some of us aren't speed running the AW missions as much, since we're being careful not to get inverted.