The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greater Fissures - Bringing back the old endgame

(XBOX)Ivan of Jupiter

In the old void many people would see long runs in Void Survivals, Defense and Interceptions as the true endgame. While I never really did long runs myself, I do see why much of the community is upset with this change. 

So I've come up with a solution that keeps DEs mindset as well as the communities. 

Greater Fissures

Daily Fissure missions starting at lvl 60 and going to 100+. These missions are endless types and change randomly each day. Bring a single relic of any kind and for each rotation you get a random reward from the relic you brought. You only get the rewards from your relic, but you get multiple rewards. And for each rotation the chances to get the rare item are increased by a small percentage. Once the rare part is obtained the increase is reset, requiring you to push harder to get another.

Once you've done a Greater Fissure you can do another with a team that hasnt, but you cannot bring a relic and you cannot gain any rewards.

How far can you go, Tenno? Greater Fissures would test your willpower and reward you for your endurance.

8 minutes ago, pepsi-tan said:

You mean I can zone out for 20 minutes with a radiant Axi N3 and walk out with 4 Nekros prime blueprints? I mean, I won't say no to that..

May be he forgot to add some points here related to your comment like, in his new greater fissure system every relic will start as an intact one as the rewards will come up in Rotation basis just like old times which will ensure the mix up of may be 3 mission types altogether usual defense/survival/interception along with the fissures and combined with the new relics mechanic.

Opinions Welcome.

Not a bad idea.   Would tweak it by allowing a player to carry as many relics as they have equipment slots open.   So up to 8.   They would function this same as now, needing 10 reactant for each relic.   Relics upgraded the same as now, so could cost as little as 0 traces, or as much as 800 to go in with a full loadout of radiants.   Rewards would be given at set intervals based on the mission.  Ten minutes for Survival, 1000 cryotic, or 4 waves of interception, something along those lines.   The amount of traces you collect for the mission would be the same as now multiplied by the number of reward's you stayed for. 

Not going to agree with one relic for the entire mission.   Though someone could stay with just one relic and just farm traces wave after wave,.   That would be nice as well.

12 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Id much rather wait for DE's already planned system that they have in the works than to revert to what we had before, essentially.

This wouldn't be reverting to what we had. This would be a daily fissure that just adds to the endgame we currently have. Sorties, Raids, and my proposed Greater Fissure. We'd still have the Fissure grind we have now for grinding traces and using up radiant relics. 

There are people out there that want to be able to do endless missions. And while you can do them in any old mission, many people want their effort to pay off. But my problem with that is why do a normal fissure if you can multiple gubs in a Greater Fissure? Hence the reason it's a daily. Sure you can come out a rich man, but RNG still plays a big part in it. And you won't be able to choose your teams rewards. You're stuck with what you get. 

And, in my mind, the difficulty would ramp up fairly quickly. So it wouldn't be something you could passively do like the first half hour of an old T4 survival.

7 minutes ago, _Vortus_ said:

Not a bad idea.   Would tweak it by allowing a player to carry as many relics as they have equipment slots open.   So up to 8.   They would function this same as now, needing 10 reactant for each relic.   Relics upgraded the same as now, so could cost as little as 0 traces, or as much as 800 to go in with a full loadout of radiants.   Rewards would be given at set intervals based on the mission.  Ten minutes for Survival, 1000 cryotic, or 4 waves of interception, something along those lines.   The amount of traces you collect for the mission would be the same as now multiplied by the number of reward's you stayed for. 

Not going to agree with one relic for the entire mission.   Though someone could stay with just one relic and just farm traces wave after wave,.   That would be nice as well.

Perhaps multiple relics would be ok. But then my rebuttal is why put yourself through this hard trial when you could just do 8 easy fissures?

IF we got a 'greater fissure' system the only reasonable change would just be to allow us to get all 4 of the relic rewards instead of just picking 1

and maybe like 2-3x trace or something

but then to compensate for this larger reward, the mission(s) would have to be like sorties v2 hard

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

The basic reason why DE changed the Prime item system to the relics is because its more flexible than the key system and it forces players to maintain farming for relics. They want players to play the star map, not JUST the void, which is exactly what the old system did. DE wont change it back, like some have been foolishly asking. They are already working on a way for some fissure missions to provide more rewards. As I said Id much rather take their system over this since all this is is a return to the old system with sortie levels.

24 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The basic reason why DE changed the Prime item system to the relics is because its more flexible than the key system and it forces players to maintain farming for relics. They want players to play the star map, not JUST the void, which is exactly what the old system did. DE wont change it back, like some have been foolishly asking. They are already working on a way for some fissure missions to provide more rewards. As I said Id much rather take their system over this since all this is is a return to the old system with sortie levels.

This is not really a return to the old system.

- it would take place on any planet.

- everyone would have to have a relic or no rewards.

- it would be any of the current or future endless mission types.

This is basically a sortie level endless mission that provides prime parts. Hell, truth is it doesn't even have to be prime parts. If DE wanted to they could put whatever they wanted to in it as a reward. My main point still stands. Many people want to do super long endless runs, but want to get something out of it.

also after thoroughly reading your comment, I don't think you fully understand what I'm proposing. This would not be a replacement for the system we have, I quite like the relic system. This would just be an addition to our current daily "endgame" lineup of Sorties and Raids.

Edited by (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan

Just now, (XB1)DRG JupiterIvan said:

This is not really a return to the old system.

- it would take place on any planet.

- everyone would have to have a relic or no rewards.

- it would be any of the current or future endless mission types.

This is basically a sortie level endless mission that provides prime parts. Hell, truth is it doesn't even have to be prime parts. If DE wanted to they could put whatever they wanted to in it as a reward. My main point still stands. Many people want to do super long endless runs, but want to get something out of it.

also after thoroughly reading your comment, I don't think you fully understand what I'm proposing. This would not be a replacement for the system we have, I quite like the relic system. This would just be an addition to our current "endgame" lineup of Sorties and Raids.

The point of requiring one relic for one reward was to force players to play in the starchart. One of the most common complaints about the game was most people would only play void and raids and no one was on the normal starchart except for alerts. Again, DE has specific plans for allowing multiple rewards for relics that they are already pursuing. Id prefer an integrated idea compared to an add on.

2 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

The point of requiring one relic for one reward was to force players to play in the starchart. One of the most common complaints about the game was most people would only play void and raids and no one was on the normal starchart except for alerts. Again, DE has specific plans for allowing multiple rewards for relics that they are already pursuing. Id prefer an integrated idea compared to an add on.

Your opinion.