Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

¿Api of Warframe?

xPatch

Question

7 answers to this question

What API is it that you're looking for exactly?  AFAIK the only information that warframe exposes is current status about alerts, invasions etc?  The game does not support mods or anything like that, if that's what you wanted.

Edited by Momaw

On 9/4/2016 at 10:46 PM, Swollex said:

Explain

What is API

What do you want with it

Hi,

an Application Programming Interface, is some sort of technical implementation that can be utilized by other developers and applications to interact with the application providing the API.

I myself wish for an API that provides inventory and codex information about an player. This information would be used to create a seperate website where you are able to display your inventory and filter it in a more advanced manner as it is currently possible in game.

In addition the API could provider information about the current build a player have. This way a player could share his/her build to other players or with clan/alliance member to get feedback for these.

As provider of an API you have the advantage that you allow other application developers to create an eco system of useful third party applications around your application. Those third party applications provide features not currently inside the game but possible with the API. The big disadvantage is the fact that you have to provide such an API :-)

The best example I can up with is the EVE Online API and eco system. Beside CCP providing dynamic APIs, there are also exporting static data that can be used by third party developers (such as available star systems, weapons, modules, etc.) for each build.

23 minutes ago, mondmann said:

Hi,

an Application Programming Interface, is some sort of technical implementation that can be utilized by other developers and applications to interact with the application providing the API.

I myself wish for an API that provides inventory and codex information about an player. This information would be used to create a seperate website where you are able to display your inventory and filter it in a more advanced manner as it is currently possible in game.

In addition the API could provider information about the current build a player have. This way a player could share his/her build to other players or with clan/alliance member to get feedback for these.

As provider of an API you have the advantage that you allow other application developers to create an eco system of useful third party applications around your application. Those third party applications provide features not currently inside the game but possible with the API. The big disadvantage is the fact that you have to provide such an API :-)

The best example I can up with is the EVE Online API and eco system. Beside CCP providing dynamic APIs, there are also exporting static data that can be used by third party developers (such as available star systems, weapons, modules, etc.) for each build.

Is this legal?

On 7/9/2016 at 4:05 AM, mondmann said:

Hi,

Thanks, I found on github some projects that could help me