Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Mods persistent but activated as capacity increases

ENGINEEEEER

I am sure this has been suggested before but the idea is simple: allow a full set of mods to be equipped at any time but only have active mods available by capacity. When adding forma to a weapon, warframe or companion mods will not be removed. The priority of mods should be straightforward such as left to right, top row, then bottom row (how dark sector conflict once worked).

This would make life infinitely easier for players adding forma. There is nothing worse than losing all three of my buildouts for a frame because I needed to add a forma. 

The biggest question is whether mods become active as you level up mid-mission or between mid-missions.

The only downside I see is that before the first forma, existing polarities on the last slot would be useless. After the first forma, any polarity can be swapped so thereafter it's not a big deal. 

Any thoughts or contributions?

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

This is how old Dark Sector PvP used to work IIRC

I'm not sure why they never moved it to PvE

That's where I got the idea. Yeah it's a pain how it currently works. 

Now that I think about it, it might help DE as we have to communicate to and from the servers everytime we modify loadouts. This could reduce accessing loadouts by quite a bit. I'm not sure about others but my connection crashes at loadout exit more than anywhere else.