Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Restoring shields? Never heard.

AdvisorZ

Question

I decided to go to a mobile defense as usual. Before the terminal met Stalker. Fast talk. Got (given that the drop from him is broken in stuff), "Despair". I insert the data packet to the terminal, waiting conculyst / battalyst. Has waited them. It started the fight. Everything is as usual. But hey, what's that? Mag can not restore terminal shields? Standing a few feet away?

"This is normal dude."

The result - the destruction of the terminal, a failed mission, lost "Despair."
Ave "updates and fixes."
That's all.

Edited by AdvisorZ

6 answers to this question

15 hours ago, AdvisorZ said:

I decided to go to a mobile defense as usual. Before the terminal met Stalker. Fast talk. Got (given that the drop from him is broken in stuff), "Despair". I insert the data packet to the terminal, waiting conculyst / battalyst. Has waited them. It started the fight. Everything is as usual. But hey, what's that? Mag can not restore terminal shields? Standing a few feet away?

So you are asking two things:

Why can Mag not restore the shields of a mobile defense target? To my knowledge she can only restore shields of fellow tenno. Defense targets have to be properly protected and when they are not hit by enemies the will restore shields and health on their own.

Why can sentients destroy the mobile defense target on lua? Because they can and DE decided it is a good thing (does not mean I like it). You have to kill sentients fast or lure them away from the defense target. 

Mag before rework could restore terminal's shields for sure. I also believe there was some kind of fix for sentients destroying terminals too quickly when moon missions were just added. Either it wasn't enough or DE "unfixed" this somehow.

Found it, Hotfix 18.07:

• Sentients will no longer intensely focus on defense targets in Mobile Defense.
  • Sentient AoE attacks will no longer damage defense targets in Mobile Defense, with exception to explosion damage.
  • Sentient Oculysts will now retreat sooner in Mobile Defense Missions, and will not return if avoided entirely.
Edited by ograzzt

6 minutes ago, ograzzt said:

Mag before rework could restore terminal's shields for sure. I also believe there was some kind of fix for sentients destroying terminals too quickly when moon missions were just added. Either it wasn't enough or DE "unfixed" this somehow.

Found it, Hotfix 18.07:

• Sentients will no longer intensely focus on defense targets in Mobile Defense.
  • Sentient AoE attacks will no longer damage defense targets in Mobile Defense, with exception to explosion damage.
  • Sentient Oculysts will now retreat sooner in Mobile Defense Missions, and will not return if avoided entirely.

Learned something new today. Thank you!

35 minutes ago, k05h said:

Why can Mag not restore the shields of a mobile defense target? To my knowledge she can only restore shields of fellow tenno. 

Also, (I could be wrong) but didn't the Mag rework change it so that her Polarize only affected her now?

A few friends of mine were running Lua missions earlier and they said they weren't being affected by it.