Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions and Criticism about Progress of Weapons + Frames

Vicious_Vipa

Hello, I have a couple of questions and say "thanks in advance" for any answers.

1. How does the game suppose us to handle following situation:
You are in the market and wondering if you have already completed a weapon. Do you ALWAYS have to leave the market and go to the codex
to check that?  For EVERY weapon ?

1.a.) Is there a possibility to check the own progress online and even print it?
(Without making several screenshots of the actual game screen)

2. I can understand that the Devs keep adding new stuff because let's be honest:
Receiving, Collecting, Completing are the key things for most veteran players to KEEP playing this game.
However, I get the feeling that most weapons are just brought to level 30 and then immediately discarded.
My question is:  How are we supposed to compare the viability of new weapons with our existing weapons
(and which have 5-7 Formas on them) ??  Because of this problem I would usually dispose of every new weapon immediately
once they hit 30 unless they have been specifically mentioned in YouTube videos or somewhere else.
Which is a pity !

3. I have 2 friends who are pretty new (MR 9 and 10) and who love the game, play it a lot.
Now they have reached a point where they already have many things and start to wonder how
they are supposed to reach a high Master Rank with all these vaulted items?
Are they really supposed to buy Frost Prime, Loki Prime, etc. for each 400-800 plat ??
How does the player base think about "Vaulting" things in general ?

4. I was astonished when I firstly saw that my "freshly" forma'ed Frame still had a huge capacity although being level 0.
Guess that this correlates now with Master Rank, ok.  
Everybody likes to be powerful at all times - and yet I personally consider this a bad idea. Because the "normal" star chart
missions absolutely pose no threat for players that have good mods and weapons. And the "endless void missions" basically
have been replaced by the relic system,  making the only endgame content the 3rd sortie...  (and maybe Raids).

So it was a good opportunity to go on lower missions when you were levelling!  Now you just wreck everything
at all times, in all situations.  What do you think about that ?  
I think they should go back to the old system.  And besides, it kinda felt good to make progress, getting more capacity after every
level gained.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

1 Only weapons you currently own shows up as 1 owned in the store. that however is the only thing that can confirm it. no way to see if you owned it in the past, only the codex has that info.

1a not that I know of.

2. you can put the amount of mods on the forma'd weapon that equals unforma'd and compare, maybe. Though I usually just test that feel of the weapon and forma it is I like it and discard it if I don't.

Or you first forma the thing first and THEN compare, but that may or may not waste forma :|

3. the vaulted items are still only a small portion of the total MR. they can still go a LOT higher without touching vaulted stuff. And the general thought of the vault is that it really should not be a thing anymore.

4. Going back to the old system for the sake of high level content is a bad idea imo. What is needed is new high level content instead that would be worth it but not feel so frustrating.

There is a way forward instead of just back to nostalgia.

thanks for your replies.

re 1: you have the small completion-symbol in the codex so it should be possible to also add it
in the market and to add another one in the Dojo-labs.

I 100% agree that we need more endgame stuff !   We need more content where we can actually use all the things
we have been farming for.  I love how Warframe plays (primarily the movement/gunplay - system)
but where are the missions we actually enjoy PLAYING instead of just going after the reward ?

Ok, we seem to agree on that - but still I miss visiting the regular star chart missions.   With the new relic system there came
a slight improvement but still the low missions are far to easy and since there is no actual levelling up with low
capacity anymore there is no reason to go there except for wrecking everything with ease and get a certain reward.

Edited by Vicious_Vipa

1. As far as I am aware, yes.

1.a. I use Post-It notes. I have several pads on my desk.

2. Compare the base stats and do some number crunching. Make use of the Simulacrum and also compare with similar weapons that you have already maxed out. Dropping the raw damage and multishot mods and switching out 90% elemental mods for their 60% status-elemental counterparts is typically helpful when comparing a weapon that has no Forma with a weapon that has already been maxed out (because these mods are close to linear in scaling).

Leveling weapons with stealth Exterminate missions is helpful to understanding how a weapon works and what it does well and does poorly and how much damage you can expect to see it do later on.

Also, learn to spot weapon idiosyncrasies. Status weapons behave differently than other weapons because you can build for particular status effects rather than damage effectiveness depending on the situation. Purely elemental status weapons and status shotguns even more so. Weapons with high fire rate may require an ammo mutation mod to make up for the high rate of ammo consumption. Some weapons have alt fire effects. Ranged melee weapons are notably different than other melee weapons.

3. The number of vaulted items is fairly small compared to the number of items that are currently obtainable. If all you're aiming for is Mastery Rank, save the vaulted items for last.

4. I find the current system vastly superior to the old system. The problem is that reducing your mod capacity to zero for an unranked weapon doesn't incentivize going back to lower level missions; it incentivizes passive leveling of unranked weapons with shared affinity because affinity gain from lower level missions is typically abysmal.