Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Clan conclave tournament a Good idea ?

(PSN)bddacres

6 minutes ago, (PS4)joe03827 said:

Depends if your can likes conclave

This.

5 minutes ago, Calwon5 said:

It can be a good idea, but for some reason it just feel it's going to be only the biggest clan would be able to participate in these kind of tournaments. Plus, not everyone enjoys conclave.

Then it is irrelevant to them. 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)bddacres said:

Ill edit the op to be  more accurate....

Warframe sponsor in-game tournament 

i.e. you get in-game iTEMS for winning

No. You cannot offer Items/weapons etc for people doing PvP. you are forcing PvE gamers in a PvE game to PvP (unless they are cosmetics.. then w.e. but then PvErs will still cry cause they dont get anything).

1 minute ago, ScorpioneITA said:

No. You cannot offer Items/weapons etc for people doing PvP. you are forcing PvE gamers in a PvE game to PvP (unless they are cosmetics.. then w.e. but then PvErs will still cry cause they dont get anything).

I was suggesting emotes or, cosmetics...

however if it was weapons it would necessarily be forcing them into pvp. We are all warframe players. Prime weapon aren't locked to players who solo....  

22 hours ago, ScorpioneITA said:

Yeah. They can offer items/weapons and etc for people participating in PVP. It isn't forcing anyone to do jack. It's an incentive, but those people still have the conscious choice to participate or say "Y'know PVP isn't for me, so i'll skip this one. It's nice of them to add a way to get those things for people that enjoy it."

This isn't happening when an incentive is added to something we don't like:

Spoiler

qqVKwsR.jpg

If these items are PVE items that are limited-time and exclusive to PVP as reward, then it could potentially be said to be forcing. As far as weapons are concerned, adding weapons that can only be obtained in PVP will cause salt because people will whine about mastery being locked in something they don't enjoy. This would matter less when we reach Mastery Rank 30 without having to have every weapon.

Edited by EmptyDevil

22 hours ago, ScorpioneITA said:

If they are cosmetic, then yes. And to me whiners will always whine, so I automatically think that they have no vote or veto on anything they hate. If someone doesn't like Conclave, that¡s fine, but when they ask Conclave rewards to be made obtainable at the local Draco store or Conclave removed entirely, I instantly throw them in the "whiner" group.

24 minutes ago, EmptyDevil said:

If these items are PVE items that are limited-time and exclusive to PVP as reward, then it could potentially be said to be forcing. As far as weapons are concerned, adding weapons that can only be obtained in PVP will cause salt because people will whine about mastery being locked in something they don't enjoy. This would matter less when we reach Mastery Rank 30 without having to have every weapon.

The PvP community pretty much agreed on never asking weapons or other MR-giving items added to the game, only Cosmetics.

1 minute ago, Nazrethim said:

The PvP community pretty much agreed on never asking weapons or other MR-giving items added to the game, only Cosmetics.

I'm part of that community and i don't recall such an agreement. However, I am saying that if DE wants to add weapons that we can currently get from the market, then they should be able to. Exclusive weapons would be a no-no and only because we aren't able to reach Mastery Rank 30. DE shouldn't hinder the growth of conclave just because people like to whine about things they don't ever plan to participate in.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

Yeah. They can offer items/weapons and etc for people participating in PVP. It isn't forcing anyone to do jack. It's an incentive, but those people still have the conscious choice to participate or say "Y'know PVP isn't for me, so i'll skip this one. It's nice of them to add a way to get those things for people that enjoy it."

This isn't happening when an incentive is added to something we don't like:

Reveal hidden contents

qqVKwsR.jpg

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you in this regard lol.

I mean hell, there's actually a lot of ways the Conclave guys could go about this, assuming this hypothetical situation came to fruition. What if prior to the tournament, around the time-frame they started introducing PvP-only weapons that isn't tied to mastery, I guess think Mk-1/Prime/Prisma variants, or completely new weapon(s)?

Even something as simple way of picking them up via Standing and/or blueprints in the Marketplace (with it's own subcatagory possibly?) would go a long way. It would also be a nice middle-ground for the unavailable weapons we can't use because how extremely difficult it would be to translate a PvE designed weapon (Quanta for example) into a PvP environment, without alternating it so much it might as well be a completely different weapon.

Albeit, this is just off the top of my head so to speak, so it's not sound (i.e. as long I can still bring my PvE weapons, it's all fine by me lol), but regardless I'm just trying to show some venue's they can explore. I get the MR argument, but just removing the MR (and hell, even removing leveling PvP-only weapons see Spoiler below for explaination) could be a smart way to go.

A side note (a digression):

Spoiler

I only mention about removing leveling on the aforementioned imaginary PvP-only weapons as I see it as redundant and we're still at the point of having more mod points then what we can do with that outside of PvE, I find it unnecessary. Can't speak for anyone else, but as someone who plays a lot of 2D fighters (BlazBlue, Under Night In-Birth Exe, etc) I think having that kind of progression in a PvP gamemode isn't something I want to see as I would rather have my actual skill do the talking and not being limited out of mods for the first few rounds because of a rank 0 weapon. I don't think stats are even gimped/reduced in conclave, so it gives me a less of a reason to see why we need to level these pretend PvP weapons.

I know I'm just theory crafting here but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter / just in case I get a reply asking why I think removing that would be a good thing lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow
Reworded a bunch for better understanding~

3 minutes ago, HalfDarkShadow said:

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you in this regard lol.

I mean hell, there's actually a lot of ways the Conclave guys could go about this, assuming this hypothetical situation came to fruition. What if this around the time frame they started introducing PvP-only weapons (I guess think Mk-1/Prime/Prisma variants) that isn't tied to mastery, you know? Even something as simple way of picking them up via Standing and/or blueprints in the Marketplace (with it's own subcatagory possibly?).

Albeit, this is just off the top of my head so to speak, so it's not sound (i.e. as long I can still bring my PvE weapons, it's all fine by me lol), but regardless I'm just trying to show some venue's they can do. I get the MR argument, but just removing the MR (and hell, even removing leveling PvP-only weapons see Spoiler below for explaination) could be a smart way to go.

A side note (a digression):

Reveal hidden contents

I only mention about removing leveling on the aforementioned imaginary PvP-only weapons as I see it as redundant and we're still at the point of having more mod points then what we can do with that outside of PvE, I find it unnecessary. Can't speak for anyone else, but as someone who plays a lot of 2D fighters (BlazBlue, Under Night In-Birth Exe, etc) I think having that kind of progression in a PvP gamemode isn't something I want to see as I would rather have my actual skill do the talking and not being limited out of mods for the first few rounds because of a rank 0 weapon. I don't think stats are even gimped/reduced in conclave, so it gives me a less of a reason to see why we need to level these pretend PvP weapons.

I know I'm just theory crafting here but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the matter / just in case I get a reply asking why I think removing that would be a good thing lol.

I agree that removing the mastery could be a way to solve one argument. DE could totally add market weapons to the conclave store, like how you can buy some Warframes from Teshin.

It should simply be a stackable trophy for each tournament season. Gold, silver bronze and a special Tenno platinum trophy for number one clan overall. All other trophies should just be based on reaching a win total based on size of clan. 

It should be a monthly season tournaments every weekend.