Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe on... Asus transformer - technical questions

Irchrael

Question

Hi.

I'm actually thinking about buying Asus Transformer T100HA. Aaand I'm wondering - can it run Warframe?

I don't want to host raids on ultra or go with 4 vaubans on 2h ODS - i just want to sit on liset with chat and occasionally run a single mission.T100HA runs on Intel® Atom™ x5-Z8500 (2M Cache, 1.44 / 2.24 GHz, quadcore), 4gb DDR3 and Intel HD graphics (kill me but I can't find which Intel HD this one has).

And yeah, I know I can just buy a normal notebook - but I like the tablet option. But yeah, if it won't run Warframe, I'll propably go for Ideapad.

Edited by ArchixPL

5 answers to this question

Now if I am getting this right, this thing runs on an Intel HD card built-in. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that this won't run warframe that well.

I've seen some problems with W10 and Warframe, but since I don't own that OS currently, I can't say much about this.

Get the 4gb RAM version, just in case.

Maybe this one will go for 10-30 fps just in the Liset.

Edited by p3z1

That one is simply not meant to play games on. Expect a lot of frame drops when trying.

Not surprising though is it is meant more as a Tablet with a keyboard for office tasks.

EDIT: also be prepared to get a good external hard disk with it as it has almost no storage space. Case you know, Its more or less a tablet.

EDIT 2: Just looked at the Ideapad series and it seems that the Y series has 3 gaming options the Y500 and the more powerful Y50 & Y70

The Y500 does show its age however and running warframe would probably mean going minimum settings but at least it'll run unlike the transformer.

The Y50 and Y70 actually look pretty descent though. And should run Warframe quite well. though they are probably a lot higher in the pricetag department as well especially over the transformer.

Gaming gear can be quite pricey.

Edited by Airwolfen