Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Relic Suggestion.

Glitch_Kitten

First up, I want to start off this by saying I'm in favour of the new void system and I believe it to be vastly superior to the old system for many reasons that I won't cover as that is not the purpose of this thread, so without further ado, here is my proposition: 

Change the refinement system.

When the devs first started talking about the void change they said something along the lines of "After completing missions with a relic you'll get traces so you can improve your relics to get what you want". When I first heard this I thought I'd be able to choose the specific reward of the relic and boost the chances of that, so my suggestion is just that. Remove the 'exceptional' 'flawless' and 'radiant' buttons and instead replace them with a refinement button that will allow you to select which reward of the relic you'd like to have better chances to receive. To keep up grind that is Warframe's gameplay make it so you can refine the relic up to the three tiers (exceptional, flawless and radiant), each refinement costing 100 traces and at the final tier the odds will be stacked in favour of the chosen reward, perhaps 60% chance for the item you chose and 5% chance for the other rewards.

Tell me what you people think, do you agree? Are you happy with the current void relic system? What are improvements you could suggest?

The current refinement is balanced around a squad of four.  I can't see them doing what you are proposing without also locking you into your own reward, or something like that.

I want a simple change.  When I use an upgraded relic I want the trace bonus from other players taking my reward to scale with the level.  Getting 3x 1 trace on a radiant relic is kind of a slap in the face in how insignificant it is.

intact: 1 trace per player (max 3)

exceptional: 2 trace per player (max 6)

flawless: 3 trace per player (max 9)

radiant: 5 trace per player (max 15)

Oh, I also think they need to raise up the minimum amount of trace you get in a mission from 6 to something like 10 to 12.  The max of 30 is ok.

1 hour ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

First up, I want to start off this by saying I'm in favour of the new void system and I believe it to be vastly superior to the old system for many reasons that I won't cover as that is not the purpose of this thread, so without further ado, here is my proposition: 

Change the refinement system.

When the devs first started talking about the void change they said something along the lines of "After completing missions with a relic you'll get traces so you can improve your relics to get what you want". When I first heard this I thought I'd be able to choose the specific reward of the relic and boost the chances of that, so my suggestion is just that. Remove the 'exceptional' 'flawless' and 'radiant' buttons and instead replace them with a refinement button that will allow you to select which reward of the relic you'd like to have better chances to receive. To keep up grind that is Warframe's gameplay make it so you can refine the relic up to the three tiers (exceptional, flawless and radiant), each refinement costing 100 traces and at the final tier the odds will be stacked in favour of the chosen reward, perhaps 60% chance for the item you chose and 5% chance for the other rewards.

Tell me what you people think, do you agree? Are you happy with the current void relic system? What are improvements you could suggest?

60% feels a tad bit too much for my opinion. But the general idea of specifically targeting one of the rewards feels like it is what the current system lacks to feel (at least) like it is this new optimized prime researching technic they said they wanted to create.

Though I'm still fine with the actual functioning.